Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: MichaelEzra on November 30, 2016, 10:35:31 am

Title: Pentax to Nikon Tilt [Shift] Adapter
Post by: MichaelEzra on November 30, 2016, 10:35:31 am
I'd like to utilize Pentax 645 lenses for architectural photography on Nikon / Sony. I have a tilt Nikon/Sony adapter and was considering to pair that with Pentax645/Nikon Shift adapter.
Any suggestions, which is the most trouble-free adapter to use? Zoerk, Kipon, Rhinocam anything else?

Thanks!
Title: Re: Pentax to Nikon Tilt [Shift] Adapter
Post by: Paul2660 on November 30, 2016, 10:46:35 am
I would consider Zork, if they are still making them.  I used several of them Canon to Medium format adapters for years.  18mm of shift is great with the IC of a MF lens.

Paul Caldwell
Title: Re: Pentax to Nikon Tilt [Shift] Adapter
Post by: Craig Magee on December 03, 2016, 06:56:39 am
Not sure if there is a nikon fit version, but I have the kipon Pentax/canon shift adapter and it works fine.
If you are combining with a tilt adapter just be wary of vignetting.
Title: Re: Pentax to Nikon Tilt [Shift] Adapter
Post by: mjlamott on December 03, 2016, 08:57:51 am
Do any of these adapters work with modern electronic Pentax 645 lenses? I'd love to be able to try the 28-45 on a Nikon or Sony with tilt/shift.
Title: Re: Pentax to Nikon Tilt [Shift] Adapter
Post by: alatreille on December 03, 2016, 10:03:17 pm
+1 for the zoerk.

I would consider Zork, if they are still making them.  I used several of them Canon to Medium format adapters for years.  18mm of shift is great with the IC of a MF lens.

Paul Caldwell
Title: Re: Pentax to Nikon Tilt [Shift] Adapter
Post by: adam tracksler on December 05, 2016, 12:15:25 pm
I have the Mirex M645 to Sony A Adapter which is a marvel of engineering and precision.....
Title: Re: Pentax to Nikon Tilt [Shift] Adapter
Post by: MichaelEzra on December 08, 2016, 09:00:42 am
Thank you all for replies! I am considering Shift Kipon Pentax645/Nikon + Tilt Nikon/Sony.

How does one order Mirex adapter?
Title: Re: Pentax to Nikon Tilt [Shift] Adapter
Post by: TheDocAUS on December 09, 2016, 01:53:37 am
I ordered, this week, the Mirex Pentax 645 to Canon EOS TS adapter. I sent an email in English with a Google translate German version. Markus replied and he seems fluent in English. So email in English. Mirex offer Paypal now, which is not mentioned on the Mirex site.

Email: [email protected]

Mirex-Tilt-Shift-Adapter for Pentax 645 lenses
- shift 15mm, with scale (either direction)
- tilt 10° (one direction). In the zero position the adapter tilts down, but rotate 180° (see next point) and it is tilting upwards.
- rotation 360°, 22,5° lock in positions-unlockable.
- the TS-Adapter is conceived for lenses of 35mm to approx. 120mm focal length. You can use longer focal lengths.

Includes tripod plate. The tripod plate can be screwed on/unscrewed when required.

For me tilt was more important than shift, but the Mirex adapter gives both. Now I can tilt my Pentax 120 macro lens on my Canon body - should be a dream. Being manual focus does not matter for my macro work, as I mostly manually focus the lens on the Pentax 645Z anyway (now I can use this lens and get tilt on my Canon Body). Great glass and I can use on the Pentax and the Canon bodies.


Michael H
Title: Re: Pentax to Nikon Tilt [Shift] Adapter
Post by: Canon Bob on December 11, 2016, 02:31:42 am
I ordered, this week, the Mirex Pentax 645 to Canon EOS TS adapter.
I have one of these Michael......excellent piece on engineering, you won't be disappointed.

Bob
Title: Re: Pentax to Nikon Tilt [Shift] Adapter
Post by: TheDocAUS on December 11, 2016, 04:01:28 pm
Thanks Bob, I will get my early Christmas present this Friday.  ;D