Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BobDavid on November 30, 2016, 10:19:53 am

Title: Street Crew
Post by: BobDavid on November 30, 2016, 10:19:53 am
Just before 8 a.m., our house begins to shake from the rumble going on outside. I open the front door and see a crew tearing up the street. I grab my Oly and start taking pictures. I'm standing in my front yard when the foreman comes up to me.

"What are you doing?"
"Taking pictures," I say.
"We don't like that."
"Why? Am I breaking the law?"
'No. We just don't like having our pictures taken. Why are you out here with a camera?"
"It's unusual to hear so much commotion and see a crew fifty yards in front of our house. It's interesting."
"Don't post anything on Facebook."
"Sure." 
Title: Re: Street Crew
Post by: RSL on November 30, 2016, 10:24:37 am
Maybe they're illegals, Bob. That would account for their shyness.
Title: Re: Street Crew
Post by: BobDavid on November 30, 2016, 10:26:13 am
They work for Sarasota County and appear legit. They're repairing a clogged sewer line. This is the second time in two weeks a Sarasota County employee has bugged me for taking pictures.
Title: Re: Street Crew
Post by: RSL on November 30, 2016, 10:29:19 am
As long as they just bug. If they get physical it's time to bring in the cops and help them learn the law.
Title: Re: Street Crew
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 30, 2016, 02:19:37 pm
And if they step onto your lawn, call the cops on them for trespassing.

It looks to me as if the hardest work the foreman does is point his finger, and threaten photographers.

I do hope they successfully fix the sewer line.
Title: Re: Street Crew
Post by: BobDavid on November 30, 2016, 04:33:35 pm
Since this is the second time in as many weeks that The County has called me out for taking pictures, maybe something hush hush is going on.
Title: Re: Street Crew
Post by: petermfiore on November 30, 2016, 04:46:08 pm
Since this is the second time in as many weeks that The County has called me out for taking pictures, maybe something hush hush is going on.

It's you all right...Only kidding. When these things happen on the heals of one another, it will feel that way. I've been there and understand.

Peter
Title: Re: Street Crew
Post by: BobDavid on November 30, 2016, 05:06:10 pm
It's you all right...Only kidding. When these things happen on the heals of one another, it will feel that way. I've been there and understand.

Peter

Thanks for the reality check. ... What me paranoid? Admittedly, my imagination sometimes runs amok.
Title: Re: Street Crew
Post by: N80 on December 01, 2016, 12:04:18 pm
I live on a tree-lined small city downtown street. A few years ago they dug up the whole street for several blocks. I documented the whole thing with my camera just because it was interesting and unusual. It might be interesting to look at 20 years from now.

Anyway, no one bothered me. Which is good.
Title: Re: Street Crew
Post by: Harald L on December 05, 2016, 10:42:28 am
Those guys don't wear hard hats. I'm not so familar with US working conditions law but in most countries it's mandatory to wear protective clothing on construction sites. Perhaps the foreman has just breached his obligations and he didn't want any evidences.