Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Vieri Bottazzini on November 28, 2016, 04:18:18 am

Title: The Winner, in the Racetrack
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on November 28, 2016, 04:18:18 am
I called this The Winner, one of the famous sailing stones on The Racetrack in Death Valley National Park.

(https://vieribottazzini.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/D8E1998.jpg)

Best,

Vieri
Title: Re: The Winner, in the Racetrack
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 29, 2016, 06:54:23 am
Excellent image.
Title: Re: The Winner, in the Racetrack
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on November 29, 2016, 08:07:51 am
Is that too much clarity in the background mountains? Or a bad bokeh? Flash/reflector for the foreground? Inquiring minds want to know :)
Title: Re: The Winner, in the Racetrack
Post by: Mjollnir on November 30, 2016, 11:21:57 pm
Now THAT is a different take on things from a place shot too often as a reproduction of other peoples' views.

Nice!
Title: Re: The Winner, in the Racetrack
Post by: Sean H on December 01, 2016, 08:44:40 am
Agree! Vieri has managed to do something different, interesting and compelling with this classic scene. I have not taken any of his courses but I would guess that he is probably a great teacher.

Now THAT is a different take on things from a place shot too often as a reproduction of other peoples' views.

Nice!
Title: Re: The Winner, in the Racetrack
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on December 05, 2016, 08:46:50 am
Excellent image.

Thank you very much Paulo, I am glad you enjoyed it! :D

Is that too much clarity in the background mountains? Or a bad bokeh? Flash/reflector for the foreground? Inquiring minds want to know :)

Hello Slobodan, now that even the Sailing Stones' mystery has been uncovered, I'd rather leave at least the mystery of this shot unknown... ;)

Now THAT is a different take on things from a place shot too often as a reproduction of other peoples' views.

Nice!

Thank you very much, it is not easy to give a different look to places so well known, I am glad you enjoyed it :D

Agree! Vieri has managed to do something different, interesting and compelling with this classic scene. I have not taken any of his courses but I would guess that he is probably a great teacher.


Thank you very much Sean, I really appreciate it, glad you enjoyed it! :D I love teaching, I found it extremely important and I have been teaching for almost 25 years now, so your comment makes me very happy indeed :D Just got back yesterday from a Workshop in Comacchio, Italy, and all participants seemed to be very happy about our work together ;)