Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: luxborealis on November 27, 2016, 10:14:13 pm

Title: Turkey Tails
Post by: luxborealis on November 27, 2016, 10:14:13 pm
A tribute to our American friends south of the border who are just finishing their Thanksgiving long weekend, albeit 6 weeks late ;) Also a tribute to North America's First Nations who so willingly and helpfully shared with the newcomers such wonderful foods as turkey, cranberries, pumpkin and squash.

Unfortunately, all I have to offer are turkey tails - the small characteristic tree fungus so colourful at this time of year.

Title: Re: Turkey Tails
Post by: RMW on November 27, 2016, 11:10:48 pm
Beautiful and fitting.
Thank you Terry.
Richard
Title: Re: Turkey Tails
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 28, 2016, 01:43:56 am
Beautiful and fitting.
Thank you Terry.
Richard
Absolutely!
Title: Re: Turkey Tails
Post by: sdwilsonsct on November 28, 2016, 07:21:15 am
Nice forest shot. Looks wider than 24mm?
Title: Re: Turkey Tails
Post by: mseawell on November 28, 2016, 01:33:15 pm
It is the thought that counts! Love the shot!

Mark
Title: Re: Turkey Tails
Post by: churly on November 28, 2016, 06:39:59 pm
Bumper crop of turkey tails and very nicely handled lighting conditions.
Chuck
Title: Re: Turkey Tails
Post by: luxborealis on November 28, 2016, 06:56:39 pm
Many thanks, all, for your kind words.

Scott - You're observant! The photograph was made at 24mm (equiv.), but with a slight vertical tilt in LR to give a stronger near-far feel. I hope it's not too obvious as I would prefer the image to speak, not the processing.
Title: Re: Turkey Tails
Post by: sdwilsonsct on November 29, 2016, 04:52:08 pm
The photograph was made at 24mm (equiv.), but with a slight vertical tilt in LR to give a stronger near-far feel. I hope it's not too obvious as I would prefer the image to speak, not the processing.

Interesting. I don't think it looks unnatural, just nice and long.