Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: disneytoy on November 26, 2016, 03:16:51 pm
-
Hello!
I have s small fine art printing service (Epson 9890) and was looking into adding Firsthand backlit signs as a product.
Anyone with experience printing this media? Does it need a laminate?
I'm looking a prices and see this being offered from $10-15 a square foot.
Just looking into other printing avenues.
Thanks
Marc
-
Kodak Universal Backlit works well; Epson also released their name on a backlit media but I haven't tried it. You can laminate to make the graphics last longer, but often not necessary as signage is rotated pretty regularly. Don't expect archival permanence. Generally the graphics are placed behind a sheet of plexi material so it is protected and backlit. Displays can vary quite a bit in size, illumination, and cost.
Ken
-
Thanks Ken,
I will check that out.
Marc:-)