Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: churly on November 25, 2016, 08:41:54 pm

Title: Transitions
Post by: churly on November 25, 2016, 08:41:54 pm
A shot from an ongoing study of transitions.
Chuck
Title: Re: Transitions
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 25, 2016, 10:25:40 pm
I like it.
It looks like a study worth pursuing.
Title: Re: Transitions
Post by: sdwilsonsct on November 26, 2016, 07:16:05 am
It looks like a study worth pursuing.

For sure.
I like the reflection in the background, but it competes a bit with the title.
Title: Re: Transitions
Post by: churly on November 26, 2016, 03:37:23 pm
Eric and Scott - Thanks for the encouragement.
Scott - I think we have had this discussion before.  I tend to like to add a bit of something to backstop the focal element and you find it distracting. I'll try to head your advice.  :)
Chuck
Title: Re: Transitions
Post by: sdwilsonsct on November 26, 2016, 11:09:56 pm
Scott - I think we have had this discussion before.  I tend to like to add a bit of something to backstop the focal element and you find it distracting. I'll try to head your advice.  :)

Nooooo! ;) Do your own thing and ignore the peanut gallery. I'm happy to comment but happier to see a diversity of styles.
Title: Re: Transitions
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 28, 2016, 03:53:05 am
Smooth and soothing.
Title: Re: Transitions
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 28, 2016, 08:03:50 am
Nooooo! ;) Do your own thing and ignore the peanut gallery. I'm happy to comment but happier to see a diversity of styles.
+1.

If you think you like a suggestion, try it. But then decide if you like the result!
Title: Re: Transitions
Post by: churly on November 28, 2016, 06:36:57 pm
Nooooo! ;) Do your own thing and ignore the peanut gallery. I'm happy to comment but happier to see a diversity of styles.

Whoops - I didn't use the right emoticon.  I needed one with tongue firmly placed in cheek. 
Best Chuck