Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: wing1 on November 25, 2016, 08:11:43 pm
-
Are there reviews about this new lens? Is there a great difference with the 45 d with the iq100?
Best
-
It's one of the lenses that has been completely redesigned not just updated with the blue ring treatment. As such it is a much bigger and heavier lens with a slower f/3.5 (f/2.8 on the older one) aperture and uses the large 95mm filters. It's also leaf shutter where the old one was FP shutter so that alone means a lot less internal movement at time of exposure which should translate to better IQ and then the new optical formulation should be quite a bit better but I haven't seen tests for that - but with the much larger optical elements, it is likely much better into the corners.
-
Would also add, I purchased a used 45mm D and was pleasantly surprised by it's overall sharpness. I am sure it's not up to the build QA of the blue ring but still is a nice option. This is 100% different than the 35mm D and 35mm LS, as there is no comparison there.
Paul Caldwell
-
Would also add, I purchased a used 45mm D and was pleasantly surprised by it's overall sharpness. I am sure it's not up to the build QA of the blue ring but still is a nice option. This is 100% different than the 35mm D and 35mm LS, as there is no comparison there.
Paul Caldwell
I actually bought a Mamiya Sekor 45mm f/2.8 in mint condition with the XF mod to the mount for almost nothing and it is much better than I anticipated even on the IQ3-100MP
-
Hi,
I feel that it may be that the old Mamiya lenses are a bit underrated. From what I have seen, Mamiya has produced some of the greatest lenses ever made for MF. I may think of the Mamiya 7 lenses and the 300/2.8 APO.
Best regards
Erik
I actually bought a Mamiya Sekor 45mm f/2.8 in mint condition with the XF mod to the mount for almost nothing and it is much better than I anticipated even on the IQ3-100MP