Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: barry685 on November 23, 2016, 03:13:29 pm
-
What is the best preset for Lyve?
-
Try Fine Art Canvas More Ink
-
Thanks a lot got a good profile using that setting.
Have you printed with any glossy canvases? If yes which ones and which preset did you use?
Have you also tried any of Lexjets Matte canvases and which preset?
-
If you
STUDY THIS CHART (http://robogravure.com/HPZ3200_Repair_Notes_Mark_Lindquist_Photography.htm#WORKING_WITH_OTHER_COMMERCIALLY_AVAILABLE_PAPERS)
you will see that there are 6 Quad ink settings only using the Z3200.
You will get the most out of your printer using the Quad ink settings if your substrate can handle it.
Notice that under Fine Art Paper there are two quad ink settings only - Canvas, more ink, and fine art paper, more ink.
Regarding the glossy canvas, I have used Breathing Color Crystalline Gloss canvas and used the Fine Art More Ink preset, making a custom profile and it worked great.
I have experimented with Super Heavyweight Coated Paper, but really, why bother when the FACMI works best IMO.
You can experiment with Photo Gloss- more (or Less) Ink. But I like the results I get with the Quad settings best.
FWIW / YMMVA
Mark
-
Thanks again Mark,
Will study it.
BTW the link above the chart does not work:
http://robogravure.com/images/Z3200_Repairs/Working_with_Other_Commercially-Available_Papers_on_your_HP_Designjet_Z3200_Photo_Printer_Series.pdf
-
with crystaline are you using the gloss opptomizer?
-
Thanks again Mark,
Will study it.
BTW the link above the chart does not work:
http://robogravure.com/images/Z3200_Repairs/Working_with_Other_Commercially-Available_Papers_on_your_HP_Designjet_Z3200_Photo_Printer_Series.pdf
Fixed it - try it now (the original link at previous post)
http://robogravure.com/HPZ3200_Repair_Notes_Mark_Lindquist_Photography.htm#Z3200%20Working%20With%20Other%20Commercially%20Available%20Papers
-
still not working.
-
still not working.
That was not an actual link - the info is right under.
That was a bookmark.
Fixed it.
-
I vaguely remember that there was a document from HP that did list the settings to use with specific non HP papers but it was based on the Z3100.
-
Yes.
All the documents related to working with non-HP papers with the Z3200 have been replaced by the
CURRENT DOCUMENT FOR Z6100 (http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c01118549)
All the Z3200 docs are gone as far as I can tell.
The old Z3100 document is still out there.
Z3100 OLD DOCUMENT ON PAPER PRESETS (http://robogravure.com/Z3100_Paper%20Presets.pdf)
Obviously, the Quad Ink settings no longer apply to the Z6100. The only actual Quad settings I can find are on the chart on my site based on the original Z3200 HP document. Seems like a global website change bringing in the Z6100 just supplanted all HP Z3200 docs in this area. Really a shame. Wish I had made copies of those Z3200 docs.
-
When you printed with Crystaline did you print with the gloss optimizer on?
-
Yes, of course.
Whenever you print on ANY glossy surface, even most semi-glossy surfaces, you should use the Gloss Optimizer.
Bronzing is an issue on every printer, as I'm sure you are aware, and the Gloss Optimizer works pretty well to ameliorate it.
Actually, I may have to take that back that I did use GO. I can't remember if that preset allows it.
I do have a second preset that does allow it.
Can't remember exactly. I don't use that much of it, although when I did it seemed to work fine.
Actually, because it's canvas and textured, come to think of it, you might be able to get away without using it.
One of the things I've found Barry is that these questions are best answered by experimentation.
What one person does may not be the same as what you might stumble onto by experimenting.
The Z3200 is so versatile and profiles can be quickly made so experimentation is really very much possible.
Try different things. Jump out there with it.
-
Did you varnish the Crystalline?
-
I did spray some rattle can varnish yes, mainly because I was concerned about possible flecking.
But I'm possibly overly concerned about such things.
I added info in the above post BTW.
-
I have a roll of Hahnemuhle Leonardo Canvas, which is possibly similar to Crystalline, and so far have not been able to get a decent print from it. Hahnemuhle even supplies a preset for it and it wasn't good.
So I'm going to try your suggestion for Crystalline.
-
I have a roll of Hahnemuhle Leonardo Canvas, which is possibly similar to Crystalline, and so far have not been able to get a decent print from it. Hahnemuhle even supplies a preset for it and it wasn't good.
So I'm going to try your suggestion for Crystalline.
Fuhgedaboudit Barry, You'll love it!
Just create a custom profile based on Fine Art Canvas More Ink - should be great.
Mark
-
Yes.
All the documents related to working with non-HP papers with the Z3200 have been replaced by the
CURRENT DOCUMENT FOR Z6100 (http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c01118549)
All the Z3200 docs are gone as far as I can tell.
The old Z3100 document is still out there.
Z3100 OLD DOCUMENT ON PAPER PRESETS (http://robogravure.com/Z3100_Paper%20Presets.pdf)
Obviously, the Quad Ink settings no longer apply to the Z6100. The only actual Quad settings I can find are on the chart on my site based on the original Z3200 HP document. Seems like a global website change bringing in the Z6100 just supplanted all HP Z3200 docs in this area. Really a shame. Wish I had made copies of those Z3200 docs.
Mark,
Over time I gathered HP Z documents and archived them. Part of that collection is in the Files of the Wide_Format_Inkjets list at Yahoo but I expect that list to dry up in time (locked it on new membership). I could send you what I have collected so you can put it on your site.
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
November 2016 update, 700+ inkjet media white spectral plots
-
Yes, Please, let's do that Ernst. I'll PM you.
Thanks very much - great idea.
Mark
Ernst, dropbox file request sent to your pigment print email address at 1:30 AM Saturday 11/26/2016
Thanks for the Files Ernst.
-
I have a roll of Hahnemuhle Leonardo Canvas, which is possibly similar to Crystalline, and so far have not been able to get a decent print from it. Hahnemuhle even supplies a preset for it and it wasn't good.
So I'm going to try your suggestion for Crystalline.
How did it work Barry?
-
Mark,
Sorry for the late reply.
Not crazy about the Leonardo printing. I do like Lyve. I also want to try glossy and matte canvases from Lexjet.