Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: maddogmurph on November 22, 2016, 04:21:04 pm

Title: Forest Slot
Post by: maddogmurph on November 22, 2016, 04:21:04 pm
It’s not a particularly long hike up to Avalanche Lake, and it’s really just a short jaunt to Avalanche creek below, where this photograph was taken. The water shoots through this slot canyon at impressive speed & pressure. It was certainly a little unnerving being on the edge of this, but beautiful nevertheless. The sound of the water I found quite meditative and I felt able to connect with this place and appreciate why it’s one of the most popular short hikes in Montana. I watched countless people just in the short time I was there walk up to the ledge and look down.
Title: Re: Forest Slot
Post by: sarrasani on November 22, 2016, 04:56:13 pm
I like much composition, colour and tone subtleness, detail (at thes dimensions we can evaluate....).
Excellent for my tastes.
all the best,
sandro
Title: Re: Forest Slot
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 22, 2016, 07:02:02 pm
Very nice.
Title: Re: Forest Slot
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 23, 2016, 09:09:56 am
Truly luscious.
Title: Re: Forest Slot
Post by: luxborealis on November 23, 2016, 11:40:28 pm
Gorgeous, maddog! I agree with Paulo - "truly luscious".
Title: Re: Forest Slot
Post by: Chairman Bill on November 24, 2016, 03:12:35 am
Gorgeous, maddog! I agree with Paulo - "truly luscious".

Yep. +1