Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Arlen on November 22, 2016, 01:37:42 pm

Title: Sealing the Season
Post by: Arlen on November 22, 2016, 01:37:42 pm
One season enshrines another.


(http://www.pbase.com/art1/image/164570613/original.jpg)

Title: Re: Sealing the Season
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on November 22, 2016, 01:44:09 pm
Nice.
Title: Re: Sealing the Season
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 22, 2016, 03:02:13 pm
Nice.
+1.
Title: Re: Sealing the Season
Post by: Patricia Sheley on November 22, 2016, 03:26:17 pm
That is lovely in every way possible!
Title: Re: Sealing the Season
Post by: sarrasani on November 22, 2016, 04:57:29 pm
well done, and well presented/commented.
all the best,
sandro
Title: Re: Sealing the Season
Post by: Bob_B on November 22, 2016, 06:23:01 pm
I love the ice crystals over the leaf and the whorls/rings in the ice. Nicely done.
Title: Re: Sealing the Season
Post by: churly on November 22, 2016, 06:55:10 pm
Nice!
Title: Re: Sealing the Season
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 23, 2016, 09:10:27 am
Good stuff.
Title: Re: Sealing the Season
Post by: francois on November 23, 2016, 12:14:44 pm
Sealed in ice for a few months!
Title: Re: Sealing the Season
Post by: Sean H on November 24, 2016, 09:06:52 am
A poignant and compelling photo Arlen. I do hope that Winter lasts; we need it to kill West Nile virus and other tropical germs that are spreading north. The photo is reminiscent of a time capsule or a moment frozen in time.
Title: Re: Sealing the Season
Post by: petermfiore on November 24, 2016, 09:27:34 am
Love it...one season yielding to the next.

Peter
Title: Re: Sealing the Season
Post by: Arlen on November 24, 2016, 10:53:20 am
Thanks to all of you for sharing your thoughts. The seasons they are indeed a-changin'.

And Happy Thanksgiving to all in the U.S. who are celebrating today.
Title: Re: Sealing the Season
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on November 24, 2016, 12:50:27 pm
One season enshrines another.

Entombs, perhaps? At least temporarily. Good catch, anyway.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Sealing the Season
Post by: Arlen on November 24, 2016, 01:49:19 pm
Thanks, Jeremy. I suppose entombs is one way to look at it. I chose enshrines in the sense of one its dictionary definitions "to enclose in or as if in a shrine". Either way, alas, the effect is as you say, temporary.
Title: Re: Sealing the Season
Post by: mseawell on November 28, 2016, 01:34:56 pm
That is a brilliant capture!

Mark
Title: Re: Sealing the Season
Post by: luxborealis on November 28, 2016, 06:58:06 pm
That is lovely in every way possible!

+1

Have you given any thought to a square presentation format?
Title: Re: Sealing the Season
Post by: Arlen on November 29, 2016, 11:27:21 am
Thank you, Mark and Terry. Terry, after you mentioned it I did go back and play with a square format. Interesting, but each variation I tried loses something that I want to keep.
Title: Re: Sealing the Season
Post by: MattBurt on November 29, 2016, 01:12:16 pm
I like it too.