Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on November 22, 2016, 08:23:44 am
-
Badlands South Dakota looking at the southernmost vista.
-
ever a pleasure to see similar scenarions and classic B/w renditions.
Thank you and all the best,
sandro
-
Great shapes and textures and the inclusion of hikers gives an idea of the size of the place.
-
Great scenery, but the light seems a bit too harsh.
-
Hmmm... it is a quite stark, and bleak landscape that is bathed in super bright sunlight almost all the time. Even at the break of day the light is harsh. Sunset is the least bright but tends to lose the muted variations in color. I will go back later in the summer - maybe even fall and try some polarizers, etc to see if I can get the the best of both worlds.
-
I like it. I've been there (maybe not this exact spot) and this photo conveys the look & feel of the place. No need to idealize it IMO.
-Dave-
-
Great scenery, but the light seems a bit too harsh.
Let's face it - it is harsh: the light, the environment, the living conditions... so if it comes across as "harsh", all the better.