Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: fdisilvestro on November 21, 2016, 08:54:07 am

Title: At the shopping Centre
Post by: fdisilvestro on November 21, 2016, 08:54:07 am
I liked the silhouettes of the people standing by the terrace, looking at the new development of Chadstone Shopping Centre (Chadstone - Victoria, Near Melbourne)
This was captured with a smartphone.

Thanks for watching, regards

(http://www.frankdisilvestro.com.au/img/s7/v168/p163555078-6.jpg)
Title: Re: At the shopping Centre
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on November 21, 2016, 09:15:04 am
Excellent! Excellent! Excellent!

First excellent is for the architectural patterns. Second for the silhouettes, third for the advances in smartphone photo quality. Should I add a forth, for the composition?
Title: Re: At the shopping Centre
Post by: francois on November 21, 2016, 09:56:01 am
I didn't noticed that it was made with a smartphone… But this shot is fantastic for all the reasons that Slobodan wrote above.
I like it a lot, well done!
Title: Re: At the shopping Centre
Post by: drmike on November 21, 2016, 10:05:00 am
I'm with Slobodan.
Title: Re: At the shopping Centre
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 21, 2016, 10:16:40 am
Excellent! Excellent! Excellent!

First excellent is for the architectural patters. Second for the silhouettes, third for the advances in smartphone photo quality. Should I add a forth, for the composition?
Excellent for being a very well-seen image.
Also excellent for the reasons Slobodan cites.
Title: Re: At the shopping Centre
Post by: N80 on November 21, 2016, 11:13:02 am
It all came together with this one.
Title: Re: At the shopping Centre
Post by: fdisilvestro on November 21, 2016, 03:52:37 pm
Dear friends, thank you very much for your comments, I'm honoured, especially by Slobodan remarks.

I'm usually a gear junkie but then, on many occasions where I did not have a camera with me I thought: "If I just had a camera". Then I realized that I had the smartphone always with me, so why not use it.

I agree that the quality has improved a lot in recent years, but you need good light, otherwise the images fall apart (compared to a modern DSLR)
Title: Re: At the shopping Centre
Post by: RSL on November 21, 2016, 04:27:05 pm
Excellent! Excellent! Excellent!

First excellent is for the architectural patters. Second for the silhouettes, third for the advances in smartphone photo quality. Should I add a forth, for the composition?

+1. And yes. Add one for the composition.
Title: Re: At the shopping Centre
Post by: BobDavid on November 21, 2016, 05:28:48 pm
That's a really great shot on several different levels.
Title: Re: At the shopping Centre
Post by: N80 on November 21, 2016, 05:49:26 pm
For a cell phone the dynamic range is impressive.
Title: Re: At the shopping Centre
Post by: brandtb on November 21, 2016, 06:32:33 pm
Great image
Title: Re: At the shopping Centre
Post by: pearlstreet on November 22, 2016, 01:14:22 am
 Superb!!