Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on November 20, 2016, 10:15:12 pm

Title: Jungle Lady
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on November 20, 2016, 10:15:12 pm
Jungle Lady (http://blog.parrikar.com/2016/11/21/jungle-lady/), in Khola, Goa.

Title: Re: Jungle Lady
Post by: stamper on November 21, 2016, 05:19:13 am
I hope you weren't stalking her? That cutter in her hand could do some damage? Nicely processed and very likeable.
Title: Re: Jungle Lady
Post by: francois on November 21, 2016, 07:58:25 am
At first glance, she doesn't look really savage but the sickle (not sure if this qualifies as a sickle, a machete or a scythe or something else) in her hand tells me that you should't mess with her.
Title: Re: Jungle Lady
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on November 21, 2016, 11:10:37 am
In these rural parts of Goa, men & women who exert their limbs for a living carry the sickle to clear their way through thick foliage and difficult terrain.
Title: Re: Jungle Lady
Post by: RSL on November 21, 2016, 03:16:49 pm
First class informal portrait, Rajan. Very nice.
Title: Re: Jungle Lady
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 21, 2016, 03:59:17 pm
First class informal portrait, Rajan. Very nice.
Yes it is.
I notice that the head-only portrait in your blog has the same rather fierce expression. I have to wonder if it is an intentional supplement to the sickle meant to send the message that she is not a woman to be mistreated.
Title: Re: Jungle Lady
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on November 21, 2016, 06:07:55 pm
Yes it is.
I notice that the head-only portrait in your blog has the same rather fierce expression. I have to wonder if it is an intentional supplement to the sickle meant to send the message that she is not a woman to be mistreated.

Eric,

This was almost certainly the first time she has been photographed. She was understandably nervous and if I didn't speak the language I wouldn't have been able to engage her for the 3/4 mins she hung around.

Thank you, all.
Title: Re: Jungle Lady
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 21, 2016, 10:06:58 pm
As I suspected, you are able to charm all the ladies, on several continents. But you can't force them to smile.   ;)
Title: Re: Jungle Lady
Post by: BobDavid on November 22, 2016, 08:15:37 am
The second one tells a story. Well done.