Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: marton on November 20, 2016, 07:45:47 pm

Title: Lake Tyrell
Post by: marton on November 20, 2016, 07:45:47 pm
(https://c6.staticflickr.com/6/5835/30682093405_4e28a0cd48_o.jpg)

(https://c6.staticflickr.com/6/5665/30682084725_e2027522e8_o.jpg)

(https://c6.staticflickr.com/6/5754/30048337893_5f1176e30f_o.jpg)

Salt lake in central Victoria, Australia. Converted Fuji X-T1
Title: Re: Lake Tyrell
Post by: francois on November 21, 2016, 07:53:50 am
I like the last one a lot. It's kind of enigmatic with great shapes. It lets the imagination do its work with many possible interpretation.
Well seen.
Title: Re: Lake Tyrell
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 21, 2016, 10:30:42 am
The last on is my favorite, too.
I would be tempted to increase the contrast a bit, or lighten up the light areas, as the image looks as if it wants a little more punch.
Title: Re: Lake Tyrell
Post by: N80 on November 21, 2016, 11:11:10 am
I like the second one. I am a sucker for the abandoned, neglected and derelict.
Title: Re: Lake Tyrell
Post by: BradSmith on November 21, 2016, 05:53:42 pm
On my calibrated NEC monitor, I see nothing brighter than a middle gray in any of these.  Is it my viewing end that has a problem, or are there no high values in these images?  I easily see high values and whites in other images that are posted here.
Brad
Title: Re: Lake Tyrell
Post by: N80 on November 21, 2016, 05:56:46 pm
They look low key on my laptop but not unusually so.
Title: Re: Lake Tyrell
Post by: marton on November 21, 2016, 07:22:42 pm
On my calibrated NEC monitor, I see nothing brighter than a middle gray in any of these.  Is it my viewing end that has a problem, or are there no high values in these images?  I easily see high values and whites in other images that are posted here.
Brad

Don't know what to say. Looks fine on mine.
Title: Re: Lake Tyrell
Post by: marton on November 21, 2016, 07:23:38 pm
I like the second one. I am a sucker for the abandoned, neglected and derelict.

Thanks. My favourite as well for those reasons.
Title: Re: Lake Tyrell
Post by: marton on November 21, 2016, 07:24:14 pm
The last on is my favorite, too.
I would be tempted to increase the contrast a bit, or lighten up the light areas, as the image looks as if it wants a little more punch.

I might give that a shot