Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Brookie on November 20, 2016, 06:35:39 pm

Title: Supermoon at perigee, Cotter, AR
Post by: Brookie on November 20, 2016, 06:35:39 pm
It was cloudy at moonrise so I had to wait a couple hours for a clear shot. Thus, no interesting foreground. I haven't decided if I've over-processed this one or not. I do like the split toning effect I used to emulate selenium toning on bromide paper. Curious to see what others think.
Title: Re: Supermoon at perigee, Cotter, AR
Post by: Brookie on November 21, 2016, 09:18:34 am
I'm still pretty new here and missed the fact that the Critique forum may be the best place to get feedback. Anyway, all comments welcome.
Title: Re: Supermoon at perigee, Cotter, AR
Post by: Telecaster on November 21, 2016, 04:23:36 pm
It's certainly different. Too artifact-y for my taste, but if it looks the way you want…stick with it.

-Dave-
Title: Re: Supermoon at perigee, Cotter, AR
Post by: thierrylegros396 on November 22, 2016, 03:23:56 am
You obtain a "glassy" moon.

Special look, very different, but it works.

Thierry
Title: Re: Supermoon at perigee, Cotter, AR
Post by: francois on November 22, 2016, 04:35:36 am
It works for me too.
Title: Re: Supermoon at perigee, Cotter, AR
Post by: Brookie on November 23, 2016, 03:57:10 pm
Thanks for the comments. I'm playing around with ithe image a bit. It looks like the conversion to jpeg added a bit more contrast than I had intended which contributes a bit to the angular look of some of the features. If I come up with an alternative processing that I like, I'll post it.