Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Bob_B on November 20, 2016, 02:03:14 pm
-
Richard Mueller is noted in the orchid world for his many hybrid crosses between Brassavola nodosa and various species of the genus Laelia. Richard Mueller "Starspire" is one such cross and is the oldest of the orchids in my (small) collection, dating back to 1990 when I bought it from Stewart's orchids of Carpinteria, CA. Starspire has survived many insults, not the least of which was an inch of snow that fell on it unexpectedly in mid-April 2014 just after I had hauled my plants outdoors for the upcoming summer months. It almost died, but a lot of TLC and quite a bit of pruning has brought it back from near-death.
And so, here it is blooming yet again, and giving all hope for many more years of growth and beautiful flowers.
Thank you for viewing. Please feel free to leave comments.
Best wishes,
Bob
-
Bob,
Very fine.
#1 especially.
Thank you.
Richard
-
Bob - thanks for the background; I had no idea. The pictures are beautiful and my favourite is the first one. You must have a really nice garden! Today we had snow so no more orchids for us this season.
Sean
-
Thank you Richard and Sean. (FWIW - At this time of the year, all my orchids are now in my basement "grow chamber" basking in artificially high humidity and lighting, and it's a good thing too: temperatures were in the low 30's F last night.)
-
The first image is lovely.
-
I have to agree with the others on the first one, Bob. It is quite an eye catcher; one of your best flower images I think.
-
Thank you Rajan and Arlen. As a humble photographer, I credit a very fine orchid flower spike, with nicely spaced, symmetric blooms and a wonderful leading line stem that adds complementary color for the success of the first image.
-
Very striking, Bob. Must be satisfying to grow the plant and make the image.
-
Thanks Scott. Yes, it is nice to combine two of my favorite activities into one. Plus, I also have a photo for a future time when I sell offspring of the orchid.
-
excellent effect, and so good also the black background.
All the best,
sandro
-
Thanks sandro. I appreciate your comments.
-
Surely one of your best series!
Congrats.
Thierry
-
They look like fireworks… wonderful images!
-
Thank you Thierry and francois.