Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Patricia Sheley on November 19, 2016, 10:49:07 pm

Title: From the Ridge
Post by: Patricia Sheley on November 19, 2016, 10:49:07 pm
Southeastern US fires have been painting the northeastern bays with nightly spectacle~
Title: Re: From the Ridge
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 20, 2016, 12:13:29 am
Amazing sky!
Title: Re: From the Ridge
Post by: sdwilsonsct on November 20, 2016, 05:52:02 am
The red draws us in but the cloud and forest structure invite a longer look.
Title: Re: From the Ridge
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on November 20, 2016, 11:58:10 am
Very beautiful.
Title: Re: From the Ridge
Post by: Chairman Bill on November 20, 2016, 12:03:15 pm
Very beautiful.
+1
Title: Re: From the Ridge
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on November 20, 2016, 12:51:47 pm
Lovely sky.

Jeremy
Title: Re: From the Ridge
Post by: Arlen on November 20, 2016, 02:22:35 pm
Very well done, Patricia. It's a wonderful scene.
Title: Re: From the Ridge
Post by: RMW on November 20, 2016, 02:41:50 pm
Patricia,
Very fine !
Thank you.
Richard
Title: Re: From the Ridge
Post by: Sean H on November 20, 2016, 02:58:07 pm
+ 1
The red draws us in but the cloud and forest structure invite a longer look.
Title: Re: From the Ridge
Post by: Telecaster on November 20, 2016, 03:20:12 pm
As my Aunt Anna might've said, "That one's a cracker!"

-Dave-
Title: Re: From the Ridge
Post by: Patricia Sheley on November 20, 2016, 05:55:53 pm
Thank you all for pausing to glimpse something of last night's joy. I can personally take no credit other than having offered a brief window to the spirits here, from Sweden, Norway, Finland, Iceland (probably some from the secret passage to and from the centre of the earth in Iceland,) ~ John Steinbeck succumbed...not yet lost to erosion and weathers, the record of the beginning of time.

As I listened to the final speaker this weekend at "Meeting of Minds 2016" at the Rheged Centre in Cumbria (edge of  the Lakes District) I was reminded once again of Michael R, his unfaltering generosity and honesty of spirit and the gift he freely offered daily, his effervescence and passionate lifting of each of us if we but loosed our grip on learned life. As I listened to "Charlie" Cramer I could see Michael on the sideline nodding in enthusiastic approval. And but of course we were introduced to Charles. What charmed lives we lived here in his company and by extension that of his friends. Tech dragged Michael, and his enthusiasm meant all these years later an old lady on an island could stream the sentiments of one of his friends.

As I hope I have said before, I appreciate you as friend, in all the very best connotations. (Warts and All / mine)
Lumine!
Title: Re: From the Ridge
Post by: Bob_B on November 20, 2016, 06:34:21 pm
Yes, very much so! I love counting the layers in the clouds. What a lovely palette of colors. What a wonderful world.