Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Colorado_CJ on November 19, 2016, 05:12:40 pm

Title: Some Photos from Around Town
Post by: Colorado_CJ on November 19, 2016, 05:12:40 pm
Well I drove around Loveland today, flying my quad and taking some photos.

These were all shot with in 10 minutes of home using my Olympus OMD EM10 micro four thirds camera and 12-40mm lens. 

I wanted to shoot B&W and I wanted the photos to be a little more dramatic, so I used a 720nm IR filter over the lens.  So these were shot using Infrared light. 

(https://c5.staticflickr.com/6/5661/30298224004_3ef9f0bd11_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/Namjqu)Loveland IR 1 (https://flic.kr/p/Namjqu) by Andrew Marjama (https://www.flickr.com/photos/55229792@N03/), on Flickr

(https://c7.staticflickr.com/6/5792/31082633766_49b261b7ca_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/PmEC7J)Loveland IR 2 (https://flic.kr/p/PmEC7J) by Andrew Marjama (https://www.flickr.com/photos/55229792@N03/), on Flickr

(https://c1.staticflickr.com/6/5833/30298223464_31ce4dff26_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/Namjgb)Loveland IR 3 (https://flic.kr/p/Namjgb) by Andrew Marjama (https://www.flickr.com/photos/55229792@N03/), on Flickr

(https://c6.staticflickr.com/6/5813/30312225173_ef6bb3c46a_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/NbA5tX)Loveland IR 4 (https://flic.kr/p/NbA5tX) by Andrew Marjama (https://www.flickr.com/photos/55229792@N03/), on Flickr


I am REALLY liking shooting in Infrared.  It really gives a different look to photos.  Color IR is great, but I really like B&W IR.  I'm sure I'm going to be shooting B&W Infrared photos A LOT!
Title: Re: Some Photos from Around Town
Post by: claws on November 20, 2016, 10:09:20 am
Very nice, Andrew. Although I like all of the photos, the one with the horses in the field with the dramatic dark sky is my favorite.

Kim
Title: Re: Some Photos from Around Town
Post by: thierrylegros396 on November 20, 2016, 11:59:01 am
My favorite is the 3rd.

Thierry
Title: Re: Some Photos from Around Town
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 21, 2016, 03:30:56 am
#2 for me.
Title: Re: Some Photos from Around Town
Post by: francois on November 21, 2016, 08:20:02 am
I like the whole set but my favorite shot is #3. I like the very high contrast of the sunlit side vs the quite dark left side of the image. Photo #2 is also a very good illustration of the rural life.
Bravo
Title: Re: Some Photos from Around Town
Post by: Bob_B on November 21, 2016, 08:30:15 am
My favorite is the 3rd.

Thierry
+1
Title: Re: Some Photos from Around Town
Post by: sarrasani on November 21, 2016, 01:18:42 pm
clap hands from me!! Superb and realistic IR effect, but this adds value to the wonderful scenes, compo and tech management of the shoots.
Maybe much better than PP application of IR film.......  n.2  is amazing.
all the best,
sandro