Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BobDavid on November 16, 2016, 07:44:22 pm

Title: Eerie House Nowhereville
Post by: BobDavid on November 16, 2016, 07:44:22 pm
Creepy. Intentionally?
Title: Re: Eerie House Nowhereville
Post by: Patricia Sheley on November 16, 2016, 10:35:26 pm
  ...with many gems
Title: Re: Eerie House Nowhereville
Post by: Rob C on November 17, 2016, 04:42:32 am
Creepy. Intentionally?


Well obviously; that's why we Brits seldom fly flags other than at auspicious moments and within prescribed areas. Our homes are our castles, and not even the State can lay claim therein via rubber stamps! My place is my property. That's why I refuse to buy a superyacht: I'd be obliged to fly somebody else's flags! Well, that's one of the reasons I don't buy, but it's a good one...

;-)

Rob
Title: Re: Eerie House Nowhereville
Post by: drmike on November 17, 2016, 06:41:28 am
Very clever and well seen.
Title: Re: Eerie House Nowhereville
Post by: RSL on November 17, 2016, 08:20:29 am
Another winner, Bob. You've developed a style of your own. Bravo!
Title: Re: Eerie House Nowhereville
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 17, 2016, 09:11:20 am
Another winner, Bob. You've developed a style of your own. Bravo!
That's for sure.
Title: Re: Eerie House Nowhereville
Post by: Peterretep on November 17, 2016, 01:23:17 pm
I would have thought that creepy in this image would have been regarding the strong uplight shadows cast by the trees but reading the other comments I feel like I'm missing something entirely.
Title: Re: Eerie House Nowhereville
Post by: Rob C on November 17, 2016, 02:26:49 pm
I would have thought that creepy in this image would have been regarding the strong uplight shadows cast by the trees but reading the other comments I feel like I'm missing something entirely.


LuLa is a place of gradual learning.

Enlightenment comes not as entitlement, but with time. As with all the better philosophies, of course.

;-)

Rob
Title: Re: Eerie House Nowhereville
Post by: BobDavid on November 17, 2016, 06:04:37 pm

Well obviously; that's why we Brits seldom fly flags other than at auspicious moments and within prescribed areas. Our homes are our castles, and not even the State can lay claim therein via rubber stamps! My place is my property. That's why I refuse to buy a superyacht: I'd be obliged to fly somebody else's flags! Well, that's one of the reasons I don't buy, but it's a good one...

;-)

Rob

My sentiments exactly!
Title: Re: Eerie House Nowhereville
Post by: pearlstreet on November 19, 2016, 07:15:08 pm
If your title means you wanted a creepy look, you succeeded tremendously. Very scary!!
Title: Re: Eerie House Nowhereville
Post by: marton on November 20, 2016, 07:27:04 pm
Houses at night, though done to death, remain a great subject. I like the continuation of the shadow on the left with the top of the tree at the back of the house. The interest is always in the shadowing. Not creepy at all btw
Title: Re: Eerie House Nowhereville
Post by: BobDavid on November 21, 2016, 01:22:29 am
Houses at night, though done to death, remain a great subject. I like the continuation of the shadow on the left with the top of the tree at the back of the house. The interest is always in the shadowing. Not creepy at all btw

That house has some history. Shadowy figures once inhabited it.
Title: Re: Eerie House Nowhereville
Post by: marton on November 21, 2016, 07:16:55 pm
That house has some history. Shadowy figures once inhabited it.

It becomes clear. Thank you.