Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Neil Williams on November 16, 2016, 12:40:07 pm

Title: Hasselblad H lenses on Leica S007
Post by: Neil Williams on November 16, 2016, 12:40:07 pm
Anyone on here using a Hasselblad H lens on a Leica S007. I want to get a Hassy 300mm to take with me on Safari over the 250mm that I already have.......the reason for the 300mm is the ability to shoot in AF
Comments much appreciated
Title: Re: Hasselblad H lenses on Leica S007
Post by: minicoop1985 on November 16, 2016, 12:47:56 pm
The only adapter I can find for it is $1700. Wow. I'm not sure that idea is worth it, at least in my opinion.
Title: Re: Hasselblad H lenses on Leica S007
Post by: Bo_Dez on November 16, 2016, 03:48:32 pm
It works fine. Also try the Contax 350mm f4 with the Leica adapter C. it's autofocus too.
Title: Re: Hasselblad H lenses on Leica S007
Post by: william on November 16, 2016, 08:46:36 pm
Looking for specific input beyond that already received in response to your similar query on another forum (which I recently left)?

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/266494-what-non-leica-s-lenses-can-be-used-on-the-s007-and-retain-af/page-1
Title: Re: Hasselblad H lenses on Leica S007
Post by: hasselbladfan on November 18, 2016, 06:16:52 am
I am using a HC 210mm on my 006 and it works great. No reason the HC 300mm would be an issue on the 007.

If you need this only once in a lifetime (safari), another option to consider is the HC 210mm with the 1.7x (giving you a 360mm). The 210mm you could use every day as a great portrait lens.
Title: Re: Hasselblad H lenses on Leica S007
Post by: Neil Williams on November 18, 2016, 06:24:38 am
ive decided to go with the 250mm MF lens that I already have...............this will be my back up to my D5 and 600mm f4