Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: sarrasani on November 15, 2016, 10:00:40 am

Title: Monte Rosa (Alps, Italy) view. 4k resolution.
Post by: sarrasani on November 15, 2016, 10:00:40 am
A couple of image of Castore and Lyskamm glaciers.  a7r with Contax-zeiss 18 Distagon and Leitz 35 mm. summicron.

Thank you much for attention and all the best,
Sandro


The same images in their 4k version here:

4k resolution (1) (https://photos.smugmug.com/Sorgenti-Lys-10-2016/i-bTbZH74/0/O/_DSC6531_DxO.jpg)

4k resolution (2) (https://photos.smugmug.com/Sorgenti-Lys-10-2016/i-jwLFm4p/0/O/_DSC6532_DxO.jpg)


(https://photos.smugmug.com/Sorgenti-Lys-10-2016/i-bTbZH74/0/O/_DSC6531_DxO.jpg)

(https://photos.smugmug.com/Sorgenti-Lys-10-2016/i-jwLFm4p/0/O/_DSC6532_DxO.jpg)



Title: Re: Monte Rosa (Alps, Italy) view. 4k resolution.
Post by: sdwilsonsct on November 15, 2016, 12:16:22 pm
I like the detail in #1. My eye (but not so much me) could roam around in there for a long time.
Title: Re: Monte Rosa (Alps, Italy) view. 4k resolution.
Post by: sarrasani on November 15, 2016, 02:41:35 pm
I like the detail in #1. My eye (but not so much me) could roam around in there for a long time.


thank you by heart, happy you liked it.
all the best for you,
sandro
Title: Re: Monte Rosa (Alps, Italy) view. 4k resolution.
Post by: Sean H on November 15, 2016, 08:47:30 pm
+ 1
I like the detail in #1. My eye (but not so much me) could roam around in there for a long time.
Title: Re: Monte Rosa (Alps, Italy) view. 4k resolution.
Post by: Patricia Sheley on November 15, 2016, 09:57:38 pm
Handsome, fine and very compelling. Love the way the clouds danced their way through your view.
Title: Re: Monte Rosa (Alps, Italy) view. 4k resolution.
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 16, 2016, 04:17:49 am
Nice view. Not much snow or ice in the glaciers though...
Title: Re: Monte Rosa (Alps, Italy) view. 4k resolution.
Post by: sarrasani on November 16, 2016, 06:50:34 am
Handsome, fine and very compelling. Love the way the clouds danced their way through your view.

so kind, Patricia, thank you much!
All the best,
sandro
Title: Re: Monte Rosa (Alps, Italy) view. 4k resolution.
Post by: sarrasani on November 16, 2016, 06:51:45 am
+ 1

thank you much Sean, and all the best,
Sandro
Title: Re: Monte Rosa (Alps, Italy) view. 4k resolution.
Post by: sarrasani on November 16, 2016, 06:53:08 am
Nice view. Not much snow or ice in the glaciers though...

....a disaster.....about 20 years ago, the entire stone valley we can see here was filled by glace...
Thank you Paulo and all the best,
sandro
Title: Re: Monte Rosa (Alps, Italy) view. 4k resolution.
Post by: kers on November 16, 2016, 12:56:25 pm
Beautiful photograph! Always difficult to make a good photo of a mountain.
I like the Monte Rosa area. Still want to go to that unbelievable Rifugio Margherita...
I have to walk every year in the mountains- pure nature and very nice rifugi.
Prefer the Italian Alps for the atmosphere and friendly people. I like to camp in the wild...


Title: Re: Monte Rosa (Alps, Italy) view. 4k resolution.
Post by: adias on November 16, 2016, 01:18:48 pm
Well shot scenery.
Title: Re: Monte Rosa (Alps, Italy) view. 4k resolution.
Post by: sarrasani on November 17, 2016, 06:56:50 am
Well shot scenery.


Thank you much!
sandro
Title: Re: Monte Rosa (Alps, Italy) view. 4k resolution.
Post by: sarrasani on November 17, 2016, 06:59:42 am
......
I like the Monte Rosa area. Still want to go to that unbelievable Rifugio Margherita...
I have to walk every year in the mountains- pure nature and very nice rifugi.
Prefer the Italian Alps for the atmosphere and friendly people. I like to camp in the wild...

And as we know there is a tradition of north-european/english hikers-mountain/passionate in these zones.
happy for yuor attention and commenting,
and all the best,
sandro
Title: Re: Monte Rosa (Alps, Italy) view. 4k resolution.
Post by: francois on November 18, 2016, 08:37:45 am
Great photography! I like both images and really cannot choose a favorite. It's true that the glaciers are going away in most of the Alps and I can still remember that when as a kid I could reach the base of some glaciers in 30 minutes from the main road or pass and now it's more like half a day of technical hike. It pains me to tell the truth.
Thanks for sharing, Sandro!
Title: Re: Monte Rosa (Alps, Italy) view. 4k resolution.
Post by: sarrasani on November 18, 2016, 08:55:04 am
Great photography! I like both images and really cannot choose a favorite. It's true that the glaciers are going away in most of the Alps and I can still remember that when as a kid I could reach the base of some glaciers in 30 minutes from the main road or pass and now it's more like half a day of technical hike. It pains me to tell the truth.
Thanks for sharing, Sandro!


too much kind Francois, thank you much!!
sandro