Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BrownBear on November 14, 2016, 06:10:56 pm

Title: After the Fire
Post by: BrownBear on November 14, 2016, 06:10:56 pm
I received my new Sony RX100V last week and ventured out to get acquainted. Due to recent drought in the Sierra Nevada, photo ops are pretty barren for color work.

Grabbing the bull by the horns, I headed up into one of the areas burned this past summer to see what new vistas were opened, with an eye toward converting files to black and white. Since we're traveling for 6 months, I'm doing all processing on a laptop, too.

As much as anything, this is my first pass at posting here on the LL site.  Sooo, it's all an experiment ranging from new camera to new vistas to new posting and laptop processing. And of course, I want to see how this image renders online, too!  :)
Title: Re: After the Fire
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on November 14, 2016, 06:15:50 pm
Not uninteresting, but you have some odd artefacts in the sky and dreadful haloes around the twigs poking upwards towards the right.

Jeremy
Title: Re: After the Fire
Post by: BrownBear on November 14, 2016, 06:27:15 pm
Thanks for the quick feedback. Can't even see them on this little laptop screen.  The sky is probably the result of trying to contend with a smoggy horizon. Bleah, welcome to California.  :P But the halos are a surprise.  Can't wait to reunite with a big screen for "serious" photo work.
Title: Re: After the Fire
Post by: armand on November 17, 2016, 05:01:46 pm
Not uninteresting, but you have some odd artefacts in the sky and dreadful haloes around the twigs poking upwards towards the right.

Jeremy

I suspect it's from decreasing the highlights and/or the blue luminance