Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Mjollnir on November 14, 2016, 02:20:43 pm

Title: Morning in the Forest, Santa Rosa Creek Road.
Post by: Mjollnir on November 14, 2016, 02:20:43 pm
We were up this weekend in Paso, for a number of wine events, and since we were staying in San Simeon, we decided to take SRCR up from Cambria to where it hits 46.

My first time out with the Sigma 60mm 2.8 and it's going to be a learning curve.  With my Oly 75mm 1.8, regardless of focal points, everything, and I mean EVERYTHING was sharp, period, across the frame.  The Sigma, while bitingly sharp where it is sharp, tends to only be sharp there.  That, and after about 1 1/2 years shooting at 75mm, I'm just not used to 60mm.  I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get another Oly.

(https://c1.staticflickr.com/6/5454/30864970832_ef475986c1_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/P2r3vw)Morning in the Forest, Santa Rosa Creek Road (https://flic.kr/p/P2r3vw) by tanngrisnir3 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/87368247@N00/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Morning in the Forest, Santa Rosa Creek Road.
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 14, 2016, 04:09:24 pm
If this is an example of a 60mm "reject," I'll be happy to take all such rejects off your hands.   ;)

This is quite stunning, with a bit of a Tolkien feel to it.
Title: Re: Morning in the Forest, Santa Rosa Creek Road.
Post by: Sean H on November 14, 2016, 04:29:53 pm
+1...and I can tell where he cloned out the hobbit...

If this is an example of a 60mm "reject," I'll be happy to take all such rejects off your hands.   ;)

This is quite stunning, with a bit of a Tolkien feel to it.
Title: Re: Morning in the Forest, Santa Rosa Creek Road.
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 15, 2016, 05:31:31 am
One can almost feel and touch the freshness.
Title: Re: Morning in the Forest, Santa Rosa Creek Road.
Post by: sarrasani on November 15, 2016, 09:55:16 am
soft AND detailed.  Wonderful mood, because excellent compo and tone/detail management.
All the best,
sandro