Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: minicoop1985 on November 14, 2016, 07:09:25 am
-
I shot this yesterday while out shooting the sunrise. I got this weird looking error on most of my photos. Admittedly, I did edit this to show the extent of the issue (adjusted saturation to bring it out a bit), but that's what's going on. I did some test shots fired at a light bulb and they came out fine, but I'm still nervous. Anyone have any idea why this happened?
(https://c7.staticflickr.com/6/5830/22799150278_c241f4188e_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/AJFB4U)Weird error (https://flic.kr/p/AJFB4U) by Michael Long (https://www.flickr.com/photos/101669194@N07/), on Flickr
-
I wouldn't panic yet. It could be something simple. It doesn't look familiar to me, but I know Phase and Leaf, not Hassy. Work with the Hasselblad dealer you purchased from and they will help you troubleshoot.
Wishing you luck!
-
Looks like it may be a cleaning issue, may be more involved. What were your settings on the shot? Does it happen on every shot or only on longer exposures? Does it happen on the first shot after being off for 15 minutes, or does it happen every shot no matter the situation?
If I recall, what was the rating on the KEH site, and what is their return policy?
-
Joe, it wasn't a long exposure, and the sensor is perfectly clean. In fact, it was shot at 1/500, even at ISO 50. It seems to have been a fluke.
-
I should also mention I threw out the card responsible and haven't had any issues since. I really think this is just a case of card error.
-
What make of card was it?
-
Promaster. I should really invest in some better cards. Anyone know if Sandisk still makes 8 gig cards?
-
Promaster. I should really invest in some better cards. Anyone know if Sandisk still makes 8 gig cards?
I think your camera accepts 32G cards, possibly after a firmware update.
-
I believe you're right. I just like using the 8 gig cards because I like to slow down and think about what I'm doing, and I just flat out don't have the hard drive capacity to unload 32 gigs at a time lol
-
Anything 'new' I'd question... snag a few of these https://www.lensauthority.com/products/sandisk-cf-8gb-extreme-udma-60mb-s-memory-card
-
Well, I've chalked this one up to condensation and a fluke. I've taken a few hundred images since and nothing like this has happened. Was planning on shooting the sunrise today, but noooooo it has to be raining and cloudy. Boo.