Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: ackdoh on November 13, 2016, 11:56:22 pm
-
Heyo All,
I've got a client who loves 5x7" paper, and before I've been using Inkpress Cold Press 5x7" cut papers for the prints. However, they always end up being slightly curled when I open the box and because of that, it hits the top of the print heads when printing and 80% I have to trim just a little bit off the edge to get rid of the print scrapes. I really don't want to do that, or mess up my printer further, or want to print 4-6 on larger paper then going back in and cutting 5x7"s myself, wasting more time. Does anyone have an alternative paper choice out there that has pre-cut 5x7" cold press textured paper besides Inkpress?
David
-
I know you dont want to cut but starting from larger sheets will let you explore many other papers. I think 5x7 out of the box will severely limit what you can get. I do it all the time and keep an inventory of all the papers I use cut into 5x7 for test prints, small prints, etc. You may be able to find some gift/holiday card stock from some makers (but they often come w/ envelopes or a box).