Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Bart_van_der_Wolf on November 13, 2016, 06:51:33 am

Title: November 14th, 2016, a special super moon is coming to a landscape near you
Post by: Bart_van_der_Wolf on November 13, 2016, 06:51:33 am
For those who were not aware about this special opportunity.

http://arstechnica.com/science/2016/11/a-special-supermoon-comes-but-what-causes-it/
(https://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/supermoon1.jpg)

Charge your camera's batteries, and may clear skies help you get something special.

Cheers,
Bart
Title: Re: November 14th, 2016, a special super moon is coming to a landscape near you
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 13, 2016, 12:33:25 pm
Around Boston we get our best view tonight, just before full. Clear night tonight, but cloudy tomorrow.
It still should be spectacular.
Title: Re: November 14th, 2016, a special super moon is coming to a landscape near you
Post by: Telecaster on November 13, 2016, 12:49:22 pm
I'm hoping for a moonrise over mountain view tonight, though it's often cloudy/hazy to the east where I'm currently at. Last night's Moon was big & ruddy as it rose…

-Dave-
Title: Re: November 14th, 2016, a special super moon is coming to a landscape near you
Post by: Bart_van_der_Wolf on November 13, 2016, 06:27:26 pm
So far, fully overcast ... :(
Title: Re: November 14th, 2016, a special super moon is coming to a landscape near you
Post by: jng on November 13, 2016, 10:11:19 pm
We're having pretty clear skies over Northern California, with perhaps a little humidity and haze. I think the moon isn't 100.0% full yet but here's what it looks like as of early this evening.

- John

(https://c3.staticflickr.com/6/5596/22792113938_6d8c45dd95_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/AJ4xpG)Super moon! (almost) (https://flic.kr/p/AJ4xpG) by John Ngai (https://www.flickr.com/photos/john_n_berk_pics_xyz/), on Flickr
Title: Re: November 14th, 2016, a special super moon is coming to a landscape near you
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 13, 2016, 11:20:02 pm
Yup. That looks a lot like the moon I saw this evening.
Title: Re: November 14th, 2016, a special super moon is coming to a landscape near you
Post by: Telecaster on November 14, 2016, 01:17:38 am
The sky here (Island of Hawai'i) was cloudy all afternoon and early evening, so I gave up on the moon around 5:30pm and headed off to dinner. But surprisingly and wonderfully the eastern sky cleared for a good half hour and I was able to watch the moon rise over the mountain as I ate outside. A gorgeous sight! I did take a pretty crappy iPhone pic too but I won't inflict it on y'all.  :)

-Dave-