Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: David Eckels on November 12, 2016, 01:05:01 pm

Title: Shadows
Post by: David Eckels on November 12, 2016, 01:05:01 pm
I've been studying these with my morning coffee for several months now. The light seemed right this morning.
Title: Re: Shadows
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 12, 2016, 01:37:33 pm
Very imaginative set!
Title: Re: Shadows
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on November 12, 2016, 03:05:57 pm
I am worried for you, Dave. What's next on your to-do list? Watching paint dry? :)
Title: Re: Shadows
Post by: John R on November 12, 2016, 03:43:55 pm
The first candle-shadow image is quite disconcerting. I really like the second image. Shadow play is always worth exploring, so keep exploring.

JR
Title: Re: Shadows
Post by: Telecaster on November 12, 2016, 04:11:44 pm
I particularly like the first one. Keep going!

-Dave-
Title: Re: Shadows
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 12, 2016, 04:49:57 pm
I am worried for you, Dave. What's next on your to-do list? Watching paint dry? :)
Well, why not, if it looks interesting?
I am reminded of Edward Weston's comment that he would "print on a doormat if it gave me the effect I wanted."   ;)
Title: Re: Shadows
Post by: marton on November 13, 2016, 08:18:46 pm
Nice set

I find it difficult to photograph shadows properly. By properly, I mean to convey the beautiful atmosphere of a shadow cast by a single light source in a dimly lit room.