Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Telecaster on November 10, 2016, 12:36:53 pm
-
One thing I originally meant to do in my current locale was take some night sky photos. But at the 11th hour I scrapped bringing along a small tripod, wanting to travel as light as possible, so while I've often been up early enough to stargaze I've left my camera in its bag. This morning, though, the sky was particularly clear so I decided What the hell, I'll prop up the camera on something and give it a shot. The "something" ended up being the coffee table out on my lanai, a book and two folded pairs of socks. :)
By the time I got an exposure I was somewhat happy with, pre-dawn light was already creeping into the frame and lowering contrast a bit. But I've processed the pic anyway and attached it here. Also the exposure, at 25 seconds, is a little too long. I'll get up even earlier tomorrow morning and see if I can do better.
-Dave-
-
Well, I gave it another shot this morning at ~3:45am. Too much local light pollution to do much better than the first attempt, but I've attached a crop from one of the pics. Ironically if I had a less interesting ocean view I'd also have a somewhat darker sky. Oh well… To the naked eye, though, the sight was still quite lovely so I spent a good 20 minutes looking and enjoying.
I've also attached a pic of last evening's Moon. There are often cool clouds to be seen in the land of warmth (and sunshine). :D
-Dave-
-
Another Moon pic, from a short time ago (after returning from scarfing down a delicious dinner bowl of Vietnamese noodles & seafood). These pics are all of the sort I'd normally post on Twitter, but I've been mostly ignoring Twitter for awhile now. ;)
A shame that I'll soon be leaving this place. The weather is glorious and the humans are accordingly mellow.
-Dave-