Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Patricia Sheley on November 09, 2016, 02:38:26 am

Title: Downeast Home
Post by: Patricia Sheley on November 09, 2016, 02:38:26 am
~the shape of home.
Title: Re: Downeast Home
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 09, 2016, 09:37:50 am
View from your front porch?
I would be tempted to spend hours there, reading something good, and looking up now and again to see what is changing in the light, the clouds, etc.

As a B/W addict, I would still like to see a color shot of the same view.
Title: Re: Downeast Home
Post by: Patricia Sheley on November 09, 2016, 12:20:06 pm
Hi Eric,
No, this is the last view I see before heading down off the peninsula out across the bay when returning to the island where I live.. From this point I can see the island in the bay just out of frame in upper left. Took these these returning yesterday simply to document one of the many moods and conditions of where I by some miracle have landed. I refer to these days as Sea Sliders. At your feet everything can be oversaturated and overvibed, but as your vision flows out you watch the sea desaturate virtually by inches the distance.

The view as I head south on the peninsula changes wildly hour by hour. (the camera always goes off island with me if for no other reason than to stop and study this overlook.) Day and night, all hours, all weathers, takes my breath away with gratitude. Also helps me to understand the often puzzling and seemingly impossible light I often see on island. I just need to think my way back to the overlook and imagine the larger picture taking place there, moving it's brush across my little perch on the island.

p.s. with my binoculars from an erratic on the shore I am when watching stars I often see the fleeting headlights way off in the distance of autos pulling in even at night to take in that view
Title: Re: Downeast Home
Post by: claws on November 09, 2016, 01:07:01 pm
Simply beautiful vistas, Patricia, and sharp as a tack. The monochrome image is my favorite.

Kim
Title: Re: Downeast Home
Post by: Sean H on November 09, 2016, 04:28:22 pm
+1
Simply beautiful vistas, Patricia, and sharp as a tack. The monochrome image is my favorite.

Kim
Title: Re: Downeast Home
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 09, 2016, 11:36:20 pm
They are all very appealing.
Title: Re: Downeast Home
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on November 11, 2016, 06:29:06 pm
The first image has the mood.
Title: Re: Downeast Home
Post by: sarrasani on November 16, 2016, 07:19:56 am
all of them are fascinating for my tastes.  My fave is the first: perfect cut/dimensions and excellent monochrome management.
all the best,
sandro