Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on November 08, 2016, 10:14:51 am

Title: Tetons Sunrise, couleur
Post by: Chris Calohan on November 08, 2016, 10:14:51 am
in color, colour
Title: Re: Tetons Sunrise, couleur
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on November 08, 2016, 10:58:28 am
Lovely photograph. Well done, Chris.
Title: Re: Tetons Sunrise, couleur
Post by: francois on November 08, 2016, 11:15:08 am
Wow!
Superb…
Title: Re: Tetons Sunrise, couleur
Post by: thierrylegros396 on November 08, 2016, 11:16:59 am
Prefer this one, Autumn colors add something.

Thierry
Title: Re: Tetons Sunrise, couleur
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on November 08, 2016, 11:29:14 am
Try a Cloudy of Shade white balance (both warm), see how you like it.
Title: Re: Tetons Sunrise, couleur
Post by: Chris Calohan on November 08, 2016, 01:03:42 pm
Try a Cloudy of Shade white balance (both warm), see how you like it.

That's how I got to this white balance. Before it was way too cool.
Title: Re: Tetons Sunrise, couleur
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on November 08, 2016, 01:07:22 pm
in color, colour
Huge fan of monochrome as I am, and excellent though the B&W version was, I think this shot looks even (and substantially) better in colour. Thanks, Chris.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Tetons Sunrise, couleur
Post by: Arlen on November 08, 2016, 04:14:38 pm
Huge fan of monochrome as I am, and excellent though the B&W version was, I think this shot looks even (and substantially) better in colour. Thanks, Chris.

Jeremy

Me, too. This version really springs to life.
Title: Re: Tetons Sunrise, couleur
Post by: Chris Calohan on November 08, 2016, 07:04:48 pm
It took a lot to draw out the rays while keeping details in the ridges, nooks and crannies. It was a good challenge and I appreciate your kudos and making me work a bit.
Title: Re: Tetons Sunrise, couleur
Post by: degrub on November 08, 2016, 07:55:59 pm
Where were you shooting from - Victor ?
Title: Re: Tetons Sunrise, couleur
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 08, 2016, 09:16:44 pm
Huge fan of monochrome as I am, and excellent though the B&W version was, I think this shot looks even (and substantially) better in colour. Thanks, Chris.

Jeremy
Ditto. Great shot, Chris!
Title: Re: Tetons Sunrise, couleur
Post by: Patricia Sheley on November 08, 2016, 09:27:49 pm
Powerful for me cropped up to just a whisker below the bases of conifers with just a bit of the open graze land and the final distant lifts of roadway. the Tetons are then seemingly projected with magesty~