Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: minicoop1985 on November 08, 2016, 07:09:31 am

Title: How to adapt flash triggers to fit on Hasselblad H series finders...?
Post by: minicoop1985 on November 08, 2016, 07:09:31 am
Hey all. I've got a Hasselblad HVD-90X that I'm trying to get a Yongnuo 622 TX flash trigger (it's my favorite flash trigger, even though I know it won't do TTL with the Blad) mounted on. It won't go past the first pin... This has to be due to the design of the hot shoe. Is there any way to remedy this? In the past I shaved some of the plastic off the back of the hot shoe to make an impromptu ramp... That worked. Would you recommend doing the same again?
Title: Re: How to adapt flash triggers to fit on Hasselblad H series finders...?
Post by: BobShaw on November 08, 2016, 06:56:56 pm
I use Elinchrom triggers on the Hassy with no problem. They are a standard shoe. The usual issue is that you just haven't pushed it on far enough. In any case their is no way I would modify a Hasselblad to fit a Yongnuo.
Title: Re: How to adapt flash triggers to fit on Hasselblad H series finders...?
Post by: douglevy on November 08, 2016, 06:59:53 pm
I also use Elinchrom triggers, but have used Pocketwizards as well. Both function normally, but I wouldn't mess with it either. New triggers are way cheaper than fixing that camera!
Title: Re: How to adapt flash triggers to fit on Hasselblad H series finders...?
Post by: minicoop1985 on November 08, 2016, 08:22:24 pm
Well, I did try to get it on a busted HV90X. Dropped the glass and it cracked, so I figured I'd take a crack at it. Well, destroyed the hot shoe. lol
Title: Re: How to adapt flash triggers to fit on Hasselblad H series finders...?
Post by: minicoop1985 on November 09, 2016, 06:49:27 am
Since I have two finders, I decided to give it a try on one of them. It worked. Now the Yongnuo trigger fits. And no, it won't fry my camera-I've had it on an H1 before.