Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BobDavid on November 07, 2016, 01:50:55 am

Title: Farmhouse Along the Road
Post by: BobDavid on November 07, 2016, 01:50:55 am
I spotted this on my way back to Nowhereville. I stopped the car, got eaten alive by mosquitoes, put the camera on a tripod, and bracketed the scene. I used parts from each exposure to get the picture to work.
Title: Re: Farmhouse Along the Road
Post by: Telecaster on November 07, 2016, 02:33:12 am
I like this in all its banality. Must be the stars.  :D

-Dave-
Title: Re: Farmhouse Along the Road
Post by: GrahamBy on November 07, 2016, 05:37:54 am
Yep... blue, green, touch of red :)
Title: Re: Farmhouse Along the Road
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 07, 2016, 08:09:20 am
Nice.
Title: Re: Farmhouse Along the Road
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on November 07, 2016, 08:53:34 am
+1
Title: Re: Farmhouse Along the Road
Post by: RSL on November 07, 2016, 10:02:39 am
More good shooting, Bob. This stuff fits with the earlier shots. I think somebody mentioned Crewdson with respect to your earlier night shots, but what I see in this one is Edward Hopper.
Title: Re: Farmhouse Along the Road
Post by: BobDavid on November 07, 2016, 11:11:12 am
More good shooting, Bob. This stuff fits with the earlier shots. I think somebody mentioned Crewdson with respect to your earlier night shots, but what I see in this one is Edward Hopper.

Edward Hopper's work has inspired me for decades. His sense of color, mood, atmosphere, composition, and subjects matter is brilliant. I am flattered that you mentioned Hopper in re a picture I took.
Title: Re: Farmhouse Along the Road
Post by: RSL on November 07, 2016, 12:15:21 pm
I agree Bob. He's my favorite painter.
Title: Re: Farmhouse Along the Road
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 07, 2016, 12:19:49 pm
Yes. Like Hopper, Bob's vision is intense, with all inessentials stripped away.