Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Ray R on November 06, 2016, 03:58:05 pm
-
I've not posted any images here before, so here are a couple of autumn colours in the Tay Forest just outside Pitlochry, Scotland
-
Very nice, both.
In the first, the cloud rising to the right is quite fine, but what somehow really catches my eye is the tree at the far left. Its trunk seems to be saying "Look at me!"
-
Very good both, there is something with the stream leading through the second image that got me looking closer and longer.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Nice captures.
On the 2nd, I would remove a thin band of the top, about 1/10th, to concentrate to the fall colors.
Thierry
-
Nice captures.
On the 2nd, I would remove a thin band of the top, about 1/10th, to concentrate to the fall colors.
Thierry
I would crop both at the top because there isn't any information to be seen. Is the second killiecrankie? Like the colours.
-
Good colours, and the overcast sky makes for smooth contrast and tones. However, the bland sky is too prominent in #1 (IMO), and could be cropped in #2 (as already suggested).
-
Thanks for the comments -
Eric I see what you mean about the tree on the left.
Stamper - both images are along the B8019 outside Pitlochry, south of Killiecrankie.
-
Seen them from the Inverness train. I have only got as far as Faskally woods on foot.
-
"The Tay serenely gliding,
sometimes seen, or shyly hiding..."
Yes, bring up the colours.