Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: sdwilsonsct on November 06, 2016, 11:08:11 am

Title: Endings
Post by: sdwilsonsct on November 06, 2016, 11:08:11 am
I spent a frosty dawn creeping about the Hillsdale meadows in Banff.
Feedback welcome.
Title: Re: Endings
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 06, 2016, 03:03:33 pm
Love those, especially the first: great composition, geometry, textures, contensts: all!
Title: Re: Endings
Post by: Sean H on November 06, 2016, 06:14:00 pm
Very well stated Eric. And of course praise for the photographer for such images. I was also entranced by the first image. You are also getting the hang of naming the threads, Scott.
Love those, especially the first: great composition, geometry, textures, contensts: all!
Title: Re: Endings
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 07, 2016, 04:28:23 am
#1 - not sure if the tree in the foreground adds to, or detracts from, the nice "V" shape in the background. My eye ping-pongs between the two:)

I like the sombre mood in #3, very ominous.
Title: Re: Endings
Post by: francois on November 07, 2016, 05:16:48 am
I'm especially attracted by the first photo. Composition, subject, processing, mood are all top-notch.
Title: Re: Endings
Post by: sdwilsonsct on November 07, 2016, 07:05:59 pm
#1 - not sure if the tree in the foreground adds to, or detracts from, the nice "V" shape in the background. My eye ping-pongs between the two:)

Yes, something isn't working with #1 in spite of several compositions and processing attempts. Glad Eric and Francois liked it.

I just need to avoid laziness, Sean.
Title: Re: Endings
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 07, 2016, 08:51:02 pm
You could clone out that nearby tree in the first shot, but it would give you a less interesting image, IMHO.
I like the lone tree facing off against the mighty forest.
Title: Re: Endings
Post by: sdwilsonsct on November 07, 2016, 09:08:37 pm
You could clone out that nearby tree in the first shot, but it would give you a less interesting image, IMHO.
I like the lone tree facing off against the mighty forest.

Yes, my first approach was sans charred stump, attached.
Title: Re: Endings
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 08, 2016, 12:23:24 am
That one is nice, too. But the one with the charred stump is better.   ;)