Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Neil Williams on November 06, 2016, 12:57:05 am

Title: Rajasthan
Post by: Neil Williams on November 06, 2016, 12:57:05 am
A few pictures taken with Ektar 100 on my Hasselblad 503CW
Title: Re: Rajasthan
Post by: Neil Williams on November 06, 2016, 05:25:31 am
Across 100
Title: Re: Rajasthan
Post by: Neil Williams on November 06, 2016, 08:42:10 am
I remember shooting this and thinking "f@ck I hope I've got the exposure right"...................its kind of nice to be able to have to wait ~3 weeks to find out if you did.............Ektra has some lovely colors :)
This picture will find a spot on one of my walls :)
Ektra 100
Title: Re: Rajasthan
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 06, 2016, 08:56:20 am
Very nice shots, all. The camel is outstanding, and the exposure couldn't have been better, IMHO.
Title: Re: Rajasthan
Post by: Neil Williams on November 06, 2016, 09:10:03 am
Cheers mate.............I'm scanning and posting and here's another a 6x6 Pano :) needs some work
Title: Re: Rajasthan
Post by: stamper on November 06, 2016, 10:18:07 am
Keep scanning and posting. What I have seen so far was worth looking at, the sharpness in particular.
Title: Re: Rajasthan
Post by: Rob C on November 06, 2016, 10:21:16 am
Keep scanning and posting. What I have seen so far was worth looking at, the sharpness in particular.

?

Rob
Title: Re: Rajasthan
Post by: Neil Williams on November 06, 2016, 10:52:45 am
A few sticks
Across 100
Title: Re: Rajasthan
Post by: Telecaster on November 06, 2016, 11:03:01 am
I like 'em. But I see what you did with the first one!  ;)  (It works compositionally.)

-Dave-
Title: Re: Rajasthan
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on November 06, 2016, 01:01:56 pm
I remember shooting this and thinking "f@ck I hope I've got the exposure right"...................its kind of nice to be able to have to wait ~3 weeks to find out if you did.............Ektra has some lovely colors :)
This picture will find a spot on one of my walls :)
Ektra 100

Deservedly so: it's perfectly composed.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Rajasthan
Post by: GrahamBy on November 06, 2016, 01:37:59 pm
A few pictures taken with Ektar 100 on my Hasselblad 503CW

Did you possibly scan the very first one from the wrong side?
Title: Re: Rajasthan
Post by: Rob C on November 06, 2016, 01:42:36 pm
Did you possibly scan the very first one from the wrong side?


Saul often did it with windows. I don't think scanning had been invented yet.

;-)

Rob
Title: Re: Rajasthan
Post by: Neil Williams on November 06, 2016, 10:45:32 pm
Did you possibly scan the very first one from the wrong side?
Yes I did mate
Title: Re: Rajasthan
Post by: Neil Williams on November 06, 2016, 10:49:07 pm
A few more
Title: Re: Rajasthan
Post by: Neil Williams on November 07, 2016, 12:03:58 am
Last for today
Title: Re: Rajasthan
Post by: BobDavid on November 07, 2016, 01:45:53 am
There is something special about the Commercial Ektars. I believe they were made in Rochester. Some of the photos you've posted are outstanding. The first one is most striking. Is it backwards?
Title: Re: Rajasthan
Post by: Neil Williams on November 07, 2016, 01:54:59 am
Is it backwards?
Yes Sir I've corrected it already.........
Title: Re: Rajasthan
Post by: Neil Williams on November 07, 2016, 03:06:08 am
Jaipur blue city
Title: Re: Rajasthan
Post by: francois on November 07, 2016, 05:21:59 am
The camel is indeed outstanding as is the whole set of images. Thanks for sharing!
Title: Re: Rajasthan
Post by: Neil Williams on November 07, 2016, 10:03:00 am
Last three for tonight
TMAX-100 and EKTRA 100
Title: Re: Rajasthan
Post by: GrahamBy on November 07, 2016, 11:06:10 am
I like 'em. But I see what you did with the first one!  ;)  (It works compositionally.)

There's a question: is there visual handedness? In the absence of obvious clues like text, do many people react differently to mirror-reversed images?
Title: Re: Rajasthan
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 07, 2016, 12:22:13 pm
I must say it is very satisfying to see such beautiful work being done today with film and the square format.
Title: Re: Rajasthan
Post by: Neil Williams on November 07, 2016, 04:16:19 pm
Thanks for all the feedback guys..............Ive been swithering over getting a X1D but every time I see some of the shots I keep getting with film I think...... Why bother :) :)
Title: Re: Rajasthan
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 07, 2016, 04:49:15 pm
Thanks for all the feedback guys..............Ive been swithering over getting a X1D but every time I see some of the shots I keep getting with film I think...... Why bother :) :)
As long as you can get the film, and get it processed, just keep at it!
Title: Re: Rajasthan
Post by: Neil Williams on November 07, 2016, 06:47:29 pm
As long as you can get the film, and get it processed, just keep at it!
The B&W I enjoy to do by myself............color is a different kettle of fish and I get that done locally.
Title: Re: Rajasthan
Post by: Neil Williams on November 11, 2016, 06:48:17 am
A few more
Nothing like some cow dung patties to barbecue a pink snapper :) :)
Sand dunes of Rajasthan
A few Pots

Title: Re: Rajasthan
Post by: GrahamBy on November 11, 2016, 07:04:17 am
The dunes... wow!
Title: Re: Rajasthan
Post by: Neil Williams on November 11, 2016, 07:37:07 am
Back streets of Jaisalmer India
EKtra 100
Title: Re: Rajasthan
Post by: Neil Williams on November 11, 2016, 08:31:54 am
Jaisalmer India
Across 100
Title: Re: Rajasthan
Post by: Neil Williams on November 11, 2016, 09:18:19 am
Chilling at Jaisalmer coffee shop
Tmax 100
Title: Re: Rajasthan
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on November 11, 2016, 12:20:13 pm
The dunes... wow!

Absolutely. All good, but that's exceptional.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Rajasthan
Post by: Neil Williams on November 11, 2016, 12:46:55 pm
Selfie from sunny Rajasthan :)
Title: Re: Rajasthan
Post by: Neil Williams on November 11, 2016, 01:20:21 pm
Nice gaff we stayed in in Jailalmer...............off to bed until tomorrow :)
Ektar 100
Title: Re: Rajasthan
Post by: Neil Williams on November 13, 2016, 07:54:52 am
A couple more from Rajasthan
Title: Re: Rajasthan
Post by: Neil Williams on November 14, 2016, 04:59:00 am
The start of a nice Sunrise
This train was going so so fast....scary shit
My Butifun Wi
A pot