Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RSL on November 05, 2016, 09:07:20 am

Title: Lunch Time?
Post by: RSL on November 05, 2016, 09:07:20 am
.
Title: Re: Lunch Time?
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on November 05, 2016, 01:13:41 pm
.

I've thought for ages that those things must be tremendous fun to drive. You don't see them over here.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Lunch Time?
Post by: Arlen on November 05, 2016, 01:51:43 pm
Good catch, Russ.

Jeremy, they are fun, but tremendously noisy (notice the ear muffs). It's like sitting on top of an airplane engine.
Title: Re: Lunch Time?
Post by: RSL on November 05, 2016, 03:52:47 pm
Arlen's right. Even where I was -- about a quarter mile away (used a 28-300 mm racked out to 250 mm) -- the thing would just about deafen me. I've heard aircraft engines that were a lot quieter.

But it really was lunch time. Right after he looked at his watch he went roaring off around the bend to Boondocks restaurant for lunch. My wife and I went around there for lunch a half-hour later.
Title: Re: Lunch Time?
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 05, 2016, 04:51:40 pm
Just shows that good "street" photography doesn't require a street.

Nice one, Russ.