Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on November 05, 2016, 01:06:03 am

Title: The Iconic "American Bald Eagle"
Post by: Chris Calohan on November 05, 2016, 01:06:03 am
Majestic and stoic, a much better choice to show strength than the Turkey, which is what Thomas Jefferson Ben Franklin (it was late for me, too) urged as the Nation's Symbol.
Title: Re: The Iconic "American Bald Eagle"
Post by: Dale Villeponteaux on November 05, 2016, 02:54:20 am
I thought it was Benjamin Franklin, but after a 3rd bourbon
didn't bother to google it.

Goodnight all,
Dale
Title: Re: The Iconic "American Bald Eagle"
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 05, 2016, 05:00:24 pm
I must admit I do enjoy turkey meat, but I've never tried eagle.
Title: Re: The Iconic "American Bald Eagle"
Post by: Chris Calohan on November 05, 2016, 05:46:18 pm
If you ever do, it will cost you around $25,000 and you'll get to eat it in jail.
Title: Re: The Iconic "American Bald Eagle"
Post by: Sean H on November 05, 2016, 07:03:07 pm
Great shot - the 'face' (beak and eyes) are really sharp.
Title: Re: The Iconic "American Bald Eagle"
Post by: Chris Calohan on November 05, 2016, 11:43:09 pm
Yay, somebody finally said something about the photo.  :)
Title: Re: The Iconic "American Bald Eagle"
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 06, 2016, 12:25:12 am
Oh, by the way, it's a fine photo.
But we expect that of you, Chris.
Title: Re: The Iconic "American Bald Eagle"
Post by: muntanela on November 06, 2016, 02:27:16 am
I've read somewhere (wikipedia?) that this eagle isn't so noble in its behaviour.
Title: Re: The Iconic "American Bald Eagle"
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 06, 2016, 09:03:47 am
I've read somewhere (wikipedia?) that this eagle isn't so noble in its behaviour.
Perhaps that's why it's a suitable emblem for America?
Title: Re: The Iconic "American Bald Eagle"
Post by: Chris Calohan on November 06, 2016, 09:13:26 am
I've read somewhere (wikipedia?) that this eagle isn't so noble in its behaviour.

They are opportunistic in every way. They will steal from each other in the nest, a behavior that carries through adulthood in stealing a catch from a fellow Eagle or other bird. They'll fight vultures for carrion and I've hear tell of where they've gone up on people's porches to eat pet food.

Yes, indeed like American politicians. But, regardless of how they act, unlike our politicians they are still majestic.
Title: Re: The Iconic "American Bald Eagle"
Post by: muntanela on November 07, 2016, 08:48:54 am
Let's say they have a pragmatic, very american, aproach to the reality. But this behaviour, if innocent as it is, doesn't preclude nobility and greatness... :)