Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BobDavid on November 04, 2016, 07:10:10 pm

Title: Table For Two
Post by: BobDavid on November 04, 2016, 07:10:10 pm
I placed a mat on the ground to cushion my head.
Title: Re: Table For Two
Post by: BobDavid on November 05, 2016, 12:17:40 pm
Ernie Kovacs has been a huge influence of mine. The hilight of the kinescope starts around 2:30:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43267roPvwE
Title: Re: Table For Two
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 05, 2016, 04:58:22 pm
The Ernie Kovacs influence is quite evident. Nifty!
Title: Re: Table For Two
Post by: Patricia Sheley on November 06, 2016, 01:49:02 am
If you venture outside and stand on your head, looking down at your feet you may find yourself walking on clouds~ :)
Title: Re: Table For Two
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 06, 2016, 09:05:16 am
If you venture outside and stand on your head, looking down at your feet you may find yourself walking on clouds~ :)
I'm waiting for that shot, Bob.
Title: Re: Table For Two
Post by: Rob C on November 06, 2016, 09:20:21 am
If you venture outside and stand on your head, looking down at your feet you may find yourself walking on clouds~ :)


I'm trying to figure that one out. Wouldn't you actually be looking up at your feet rather than down, or do the Laws of Nature change as the blood rushes to the head?

I'm so happy not to have to be setting out with any of those intrepid sailors today... I always have to ask myself why they want to do this. I find it as strange as posting pictures upside down. Why? Is it a perversion? Is it an inside joke of sorts? Will they really let themselves get all wet and cold, eat bad food for months on end talking to themselves the while (I know that's not a good idea: today marks eight years that I have been doing the latter bit) and tossed about in danger of their lives just because they can?

And to think that we all get the vote.

Rob
Title: Re: Table For Two
Post by: Patricia Sheley on November 06, 2016, 11:12:57 am
   "I'm trying to figure that one out." quote Rob
Ah Rob... take a peek at the bright side. At my end of the level just emerged from a week of attempting to recover data involving three states, it is Sunday, take a look at the Holy Egg article and Ta Dahhh, we have set back our clocks delaying by one hour our participation in the opera "Trumpets of Doom / Dumb"

I do love you...headed out for a few "over easy and yes, bacon!"
P'trish
Title: Re: Table For Two
Post by: Rob C on November 06, 2016, 11:40:06 am
   "I'm trying to figure that one out." quote Rob
Ah Rob... take a peek at the bright side. At my end of the level just emerged from a week of attempting to recover data involving three states, it is Sunday, take a look at the Holy Egg article and Ta Dahhh, we have set back our clocks delaying by one hour our participation in the opera "Trumpets of Doom / Dumb"

I do love you...headed out for a few "over easy and yes, bacon!"
P'trish

Well, I had been looking forward to making prawns and pasta today, as a change from paella with prawns. What I sat down to contained prawns and pasta; any further similarity to what I had thought I was going to make ended there. Yuk. But I have done the dishes, so that's not hanging over my head.

Patricia, you are living too high up that tree, and behind the times: my clocks had to be changed on the night of the 29th October. I have felt seriously out of synch. with myself since then.

;-)

Rob