Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: Guillermo Luijk on November 03, 2016, 01:33:12 pm
-
I cannot fin a simple piece of free software that can do this. Do any in the forum know of a piece of software to achieve this? (Windows OS)
Image bottom right is what I'm looking for:
(http://colour-science.org/images/Colour_-_Analysis_CIE_xyY.gif)
Thanks!
-
Not sure whether it will do exactly this, but have you looked at Chromix ColorThink Pro?
-
The only one I know of is as Mark mentioned Color Think Pro (it will plot image data points within CIE diagram) - but it is pretty expensive
While I do not think it will be exactly what you are looking for I wonder if 3D Color Inspector plugin for ImageJ (with a little compositing in PS ;)) would be helpful ?
Screen grab
(http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm256/TonyWarrington/ColourInspector.jpg) (http://s298.photobucket.com/user/TonyWarrington/media/ColourInspector.jpg.html)
Links
https://imagej.nih.gov/ij/
https://imagej.nih.gov/ij/plugins/color-inspector.html
-
3D plot within Lab: http://www.colorlab.no/colourlab_old/icc3d
Free of course.
-
Thank you all. The tool referenced by Tony was fine.
This was a case of study of stage led lights, some forum members indicated overexposure as the problem in this shot:
(http://www.guillermoluijk.com/article/ledlight/reveladoinicialacr_lite.png) (http://www.guillermoluijk.com/article/ledlight/reveladoinicialacr.png)
But the RAW exposure was perfect (only quasi specular lights got clipped):
RAW histogram:
(http://www.guillermoluijk.com/article/ledlight/histraw1.png)
Zooming the highlights to find the dancer:
(http://www.guillermoluijk.com/article/ledlight/histraw2.png)
RAW clipped areas:
(http://www.guillermoluijk.com/article/ledlight/bayer1.png)
Zooming:
(http://www.guillermoluijk.com/article/ledlight/bayer2.png)
RAW red channel, the most exposed:
(http://www.guillermoluijk.com/article/ledlight/bayer3.png)
Conclusion: exposure was perfect.
What was the problem then? these artificial colours are so saturared that sRGB is in sufficient even for a neutral RAW development, ProPhoto RGB does the job:
(http://www.guillermoluijk.com/article/ledlight/prophotorgb.png)
Displaying colours out of sRGB:
(http://www.guillermoluijk.com/article/ledlight/gamut1.png)
3D vision:
(http://www.guillermoluijk.com/article/ledlight/gamut2.png)
Regards!
www.guillermoluijk.com