Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Paulo Bizarro on November 03, 2016, 08:04:37 am

Title: Shipwreck
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 03, 2016, 08:04:37 am
20 years ago this Dutch merchant boat came ashore and wrecked in a small beach just North of Milfontes, SW Portugal. Since then it is a popular photo spot:)

Regards.
Title: Re: Shipwreck
Post by: francois on November 03, 2016, 08:43:16 am
Not the easiest place to take photos… but I quite like this set. My favorite is #3 because it's a bit mysterious and it would be even more if you didn't post the other shots. The last one reminds of Badwater in DV.
Title: Re: Shipwreck
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 04, 2016, 12:24:16 pm
Thanks Francois. Indeed it is a tough spot to shoot, as the ship is grounded right next to the corner of the beach. The light was good this time, I was there close to sunset. I plan to go back next time during sunrise, so I can shoot towards the sea a bit more.

The last shot is in Milfontes beach at low tide, and at sunset. The rock formations make these interesting pools.
Title: Re: Shipwreck
Post by: Sean H on November 05, 2016, 07:15:12 pm
I like the red-ochre hue of oxidized iron in all of the first three shots. I even like the last shot which does not have any shipwreck. What was the shutter speed on the first and third shots Paulo?
Title: Re: Shipwreck
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 07, 2016, 04:32:39 am
I like the red-ochre hue of oxidized iron in all of the first three shots. I even like the last shot which does not have any shipwreck. What was the shutter speed on the first and third shots Paulo?

Thanks. 2 minutes for #1, 20 seconds for #3.