Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BobDavid on November 01, 2016, 01:38:30 am

Title: TV of the Future
Post by: BobDavid on November 01, 2016, 01:38:30 am
Sony Micro TV ca. 1963
Title: Re: TV of the Future
Post by: francois on November 01, 2016, 05:08:32 am
Wireless!
Title: Re: TV of the Future
Post by: Otto Phocus on November 01, 2016, 06:12:39 am
Do you have the remote for it?



oh.   :D
Title: Re: TV of the Future
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 01, 2016, 09:43:10 am
We had one of those, even smaller, I think. I don't remember so much space on the right for knobs and dials.
Ours was 7" screen, portable (if you had a long enough extension cord   ;D  ), with a white case, and showed everything in glorious black-and-white.

The first color TV we got was a "yuge" 19-inch monster. My excuse for getting it was that I needed a monitor for my new Commodore 64 computer.

But all that was way back in the days when making a telephone call meant that first I looked for the crank which you turn to ring the operator...
Title: Re: TV of the Future
Post by: RSL on November 01, 2016, 09:58:44 am
If you turn it on and get a face on it, you'll have an echo of Friedlander. He used to do that, I think in motels when he was on the road. Same kind of early TV.
Title: Re: TV of the Future
Post by: BobDavid on November 01, 2016, 10:35:39 am
If you turn it on and get a face on it, you'll have an echo of Friedlander. He used to do that, I think in motels when he was on the road. Same kind of early TV.

I love those motel photos by Friedlander. 
Title: Re: TV of the Future
Post by: Rob C on November 01, 2016, 11:01:59 am
Damn! There really isn't anything new under that Sun (or Moon). I think this was around the time of one of the Paris bombings.

;-)

(http://www.roma57.com/uploads/4/2/8/7/4287956/5563381_orig.jpg)

Rob