Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: StuartOnline on October 31, 2016, 11:34:41 am

Title: Olympus OMD Camera System
Post by: StuartOnline on October 31, 2016, 11:34:41 am
Kevin

Intereneting article and video on your Olympus setup. Just wondering if you are switching from the Sony system to Olympus?

Cheers!

Stu
Title: Re: Olympus OMD Camera System
Post by: Kevin Raber on October 31, 2016, 12:40:37 pm
Stu,  I own a lot of cameras.  My two primary system that I use are Sony and Fuji.  My wife has taken over the Olympus system and it is just right for her.  She wouldn't think of switching to a new system.  Once in a while, I get to play with it.
Title: Re: Olympus OMD Camera System
Post by: Kenneth Sky on October 31, 2016, 12:44:17 pm
Kevin,
What's with the monogrammed sling bag? How come LuLa don't offer it to subscribers?
Ken
Title: Re: Olympus OMD Camera System
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on October 31, 2016, 01:52:24 pm
"Kevin,
What's with the monogrammed sling bag? How come LuLa don't offer it to subscribers?
Ken"

 My question is the same as Kens I'd love to have a LULA bag and would carry it proudly!!

Kevin in CT
Title: Re: Olympus OMD Camera System
Post by: Kevin Raber on October 31, 2016, 01:57:34 pm
Logo products in due time.  E-Commerce is coming next year and then we can do that sort of thing.  Presently we are just testing products internally.
Title: Re: Olympus OMD Camera System
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on October 31, 2016, 02:00:14 pm
 Kev, I look forward to it!! Go LULA!! In the meantime what bag is that in the Olympus system video?

 Thanks!!

 Kevin in CT

Title: Re: Olympus OMD Camera System
Post by: Kevin Raber on October 31, 2016, 04:25:40 pm
It's a ThinkTank bag as stated and linked to in the article.  If I could stay home long enough I could get some of these new projects complete.  Leaving for the LuLa Antarctica trip on Sunday.  When I return we will get frames, e-commerce, logo items etc going full steam.
Title: Re: Olympus OMD Camera System
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on October 31, 2016, 09:47:37 pm
... I'd love to have a LULA bag and would carry it proudly!!

Can I sign it? Perhaps when I reach 10,000 posts? ;)
Title: Re: Olympus OMD Camera System
Post by: ErikKaffehr on November 01, 2016, 01:24:11 am
Hi Kevin,

Nice review.

Best regards
Erik


Stu,  I own a lot of cameras.  My two primary system that I use are Sony and Fuji.  My wife has taken over the Olympus system and it is just right for her.  She wouldn't think of switching to a new system.  Once in a while, I get to play with it.
Title: Re: Olympus OMD Camera System
Post by: Rob C on November 01, 2016, 05:32:41 am
Funny thing, logos. I have covered the ones on my cameras. If Nikon wants me for a sandwich board man, it had better bloody well pay me first! The straps that come with the cameras are a disgrace. They work well as straps, but embarrass as bling. If I'm in the mood for bling, I just wear short sleeves.

I'd wear a LuLa monogrammed baseball cap though, as long as it's not green.

;-)

Rob
Title: Re: Olympus OMD Camera System
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on November 01, 2016, 07:42:14 am
Can I signed it? Perhaps when I reach 10,000 posts? ;)

 Hiya Slobodan!! Sure you can sign it  :)
Title: Re: Olympus OMD Camera System
Post by: bjornaagedk on November 01, 2016, 11:35:09 am
Kevin, and others:
I also own the Olympus EM-1 and a few pro lenses and am happy except or the limitations of 16MP. That's the only reason I still keep my Nikon D800E gear. In what direction should I look if I want to have both the small form and weight, electronic viewfinder, great lenses and above 35 MP?  Sony Alpha A7R II ?

Title: Re: Olympus OMD Camera System
Post by: Camerajim on November 01, 2016, 03:29:39 pm
Good article. I've been shooting with an Olympus system for almost three years and haven't looked back. I originally thought I'd have to rent larger format gear once in a while, but I've met the needs of portrait and product photography clients with just this m43 stuff.

The new Pen F upped the ante for landscape work, with 4mp more in standard mode and a sometimes-useful hi-res mode which just blows me away when I have the right subject for it. I was lucky enough to win a recent landscape competition, mostly using the Pen F. I can't wait to see the promised improvements in hi-res on the new model. At 80mp (RAW) and 50mp (jpeg), Olympus is already in heady company. I'm looking forward to your article on it.
Title: Re: Olympus OMD Camera System
Post by: Robert-Peter Westphal on November 02, 2016, 01:49:20 pm
Hello Kevin,

interesting video - will you do the long proposed video-series about the Olympus OM-D system now that they have published their new flagship ?

Best wishes Robert
Title: Re: Olympus OMD Camera System
Post by: Kevin Raber on November 02, 2016, 03:38:08 pm
Robert, it is on the list of projects.  What is lacking is time.  Hopefully come December and when I get home from the Antarctica workshop I can finally get caught up on some of these projects.
Title: Re: Olympus OMD Camera System
Post by: Robert-Peter Westphal on November 02, 2016, 03:44:21 pm
Kevin, thanks for the fast answer !

I'll be looking forward to the videos !

Yours Robert
Title: Re: Olympus OMD Camera System
Post by: Robert-Peter Westphal on February 18, 2017, 11:08:04 am
Kevin, thanks for the fast answer !

I'll be looking forward to the videos !

Yours Robert

So December is long gone, what about the video on the Olympus system ? Will you do it ( and similar videos ) at all in future ?

Robert

Title: Re: Olympus OMD Camera System
Post by: Kevin Raber on February 18, 2017, 02:21:50 pm
Yes, they are complete.  It's now a time factor of me completing them.  We have added help for the everyday admin of LuLa so I can get these articles and reviews and other projects done.  March is dedicated to completing these projects. I apologize for these not being done as quickly as I have wished.  We'll have more to say formally on this in the next few weeks.
Title: Re: Olympus OMD Camera System
Post by: Robert-Peter Westphal on February 19, 2017, 07:15:44 am
Thanks for the answer !

Best wishes Robert