Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: landscapephoto on October 29, 2016, 02:56:40 am

Title: Hasselblad GPS
Post by: landscapephoto on October 29, 2016, 02:56:40 am
There is a GPS accessory for the Hasselblad camera. How is its performance? How long does it take for a fix? Does it work under trees?
Title: Re: Hasselblad GPS
Post by: Frans Rutten on October 29, 2016, 03:24:45 am
I have been using the GIL since 2010. It is always attached to the camera. Functions well, without problems.
I once experienced a battery drain when the screw had loosened inadvertently, but other than that, thumbs up.
When attached to the camera it will limit the use of the HTS, blocking rotation one way, but then, you can always rotate the other way round to get the shot.
Title: Re: Hasselblad GPS
Post by: landscapephoto on October 29, 2016, 09:29:35 am
Thanks for the report. I had not realised it obstructed the HTS.