Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on October 27, 2016, 04:32:50 pm

Title: hraunfossar 2
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 27, 2016, 04:32:50 pm
Too much Brexit politics makes one long for more ice.

Thoughts?

Jeremy
Title: Re: hraunfossar 2
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 27, 2016, 05:07:32 pm
I like it! It could almost go in the Abstract thread.

I must admit (sorry, Russ) that I would be tempted to crop down from the top just enough to get rid of the curved shadow area at the top left.
Title: Re: hraunfossar 2
Post by: degrub on October 27, 2016, 05:14:18 pm
The left hand fall reminds me of lightning. Maybe worth a study of its own.
Frank
Title: Re: hraunfossar 2
Post by: stamper on October 28, 2016, 06:45:59 am
I think you should stick to photography Jeremy and this image proves why you should. Well seen. ;)
Title: Re: hraunfossar 2
Post by: Arlen on October 28, 2016, 09:50:11 am
Very well done. Lots of aspects to admire here.
Title: Re: hraunfossar 2
Post by: RSL on October 28, 2016, 09:53:13 am
I like it! It could almost go in the Abstract thread.

I must admit (sorry, Russ) that I would be tempted to crop down from the top just enough to get rid of the curved shadow area at the top left.

No problem, Eric. I'd suggest cropping down from the top to the middle, and then cropping up from the bottom to the (old) middle.  ;D

I'm kidding, Jeremy. It's well seen, and, as Eric says, almost an abstract. Don't crop it.
Title: Re: hraunfossar 2
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 28, 2016, 12:33:46 pm
Thanks, Russ. That sounds just like the way you would like to crop me.   ;)
Title: Re: hraunfossar 2
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 28, 2016, 02:23:45 pm
I think you should stick to photography Jeremy and this image proves why you should. Well seen. ;)

 ;)

Jeremy
Title: Re: hraunfossar 2
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 28, 2016, 02:57:23 pm
Stamper's right, of course.
Give up all extraneous activities. Unless, of course, you need an income to support the photography habit.
 ;)
Title: Re: hraunfossar 2
Post by: sdwilsonsct on October 29, 2016, 09:35:06 am
...I would be tempted to crop down from the top just enough to get rid of the curved shadow area at the top left.

+1. Nice water.
Title: Re: hraunfossar 2
Post by: luxborealis on October 29, 2016, 09:56:35 am
Beautiful patterns. I can see why you included the area above the falls and the river – to give the scene context.

Do you have a close-up of just the falls, cliff face and the river. The pattern is so striking, it deserves closer inspection. The close-up view would also make a striking B&W.
Title: Re: hraunfossar 2
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 29, 2016, 02:30:33 pm
Thanks, all: much appreciated, as ever.

Beautiful patterns. I can see why you included the area above the falls and the river – to give the scene context.

That's what I had in mind, yes. Sorry, Eric: no crop this time.

Do you have a close-up of just the falls, cliff face and the river. The pattern is so striking, it deserves closer inspection. The close-up view would also make a striking B&W.

Sadly, I don't. This was the first morning of the trip. If I'd known then what I knew a week later, I'd have many more interesting shots of that area.

When I go back...

Jeremy
Title: Re: hraunfossar 2
Post by: BobDavid on October 29, 2016, 08:48:36 pm
nice