Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Ray on October 26, 2016, 08:33:40 am

Title: Aussie World
Post by: Ray on October 26, 2016, 08:33:40 am
Whaddya think of this? Cute?   ;)

Title: Re: Aussie World
Post by: Rob C on October 26, 2016, 09:36:48 am
Goodness me, the social services in Oz certainly seem to be neglecting some people!

Nice to see you posting again - have you been risking life and limb up in the high sierras once more?

;-)

Rob C
Title: Re: Aussie World
Post by: francois on October 26, 2016, 10:27:03 am
Obviously you didn't heed the warning… "no photos allowed"  ;D
Title: Re: Aussie World
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 26, 2016, 10:31:26 am
Obviously you didn't heed the warning… "no photos allowed"  ;D
That's the best part of the photo (in context).
Title: Re: Aussie World
Post by: Ray on October 27, 2016, 01:11:47 am

Nice to see you posting again - have you been risking life and limb up in the high sierras once more?

;-)

Rob C

Not since the earthquake hit Nepal. I don't think I could bear to witness the increased poverty and increased numbers of people begging, everywhere one goes. It would be too distressing for me. One might as well just donate the cost of the airfare and travel expenses to a Nepalese charity fund, but I'm not confident that such money would be usefully applied.

Maybe when I'm 80, in 6 years time, I might attempt an assault on Mt Everest.  ;D


Title: Re: Aussie World
Post by: Ray on October 27, 2016, 01:15:23 am
Obviously you didn't heed the warning… "no photos allowed"  ;D

More correctly, I didn't notice the warning initially, and approached the guy at the sales counter to ask him if it was okay for me to take some photos.
The guy at the counter, no doubt impressed by my honest demeanour and professional attitude, gave me approval.  ;)

It was only when photographing the subjects I noticed the sign, 'No photographs allowed'.  ;)
Title: Re: Aussie World
Post by: Ray on October 27, 2016, 01:21:37 am
That's the best part of the photo (in context).

Yes. It's a bit contradictory, and I'm glad the moderators have not deleted the photo on the grounds that LL might be sued.  ;)

The 'Aussie World' is a fun place that is located off the highway on the way to the Sunshine Coast north of Brisbane. I was actually driving to Hervey Bay to photograph some whales, and stopped at Aussie World on the way. It's basically an historical pub demonstrating the Aussie character, with a few touristy shops close by.

Here's a shot of the welcome sign.  ;D