Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: James Clark on October 20, 2016, 06:06:53 pm

Title: Hilltop Silhouette
Post by: James Clark on October 20, 2016, 06:06:53 pm
Looking back at the hills of La Jolla, CA from the valley below.

Title: Re: Hilltop Silhouette
Post by: biker on October 24, 2016, 03:46:46 pm
Interesting idea. I like the hint of clouds.
Looks like there's a motion blur on the right (while the left part is perfectly sharp) - one tripod leg being depressed to soil...? Not a big problem but would be better all sharp.

Btw. is it a lunar eclipse or does the moon look this way in your place? (Maybe a silly question but we see it more vertical here.)

Title: Re: Hilltop Silhouette
Post by: James Clark on October 30, 2016, 07:42:29 pm
Interesting idea. I like the hint of clouds.
Looks like there's a motion blur on the right (while the left part is perfectly sharp) - one tripod leg being depressed to soil...? Not a big problem but would be better all sharp.

Btw. is it a lunar eclipse or does the moon look this way in your place? (Maybe a silly question but we see it more vertical here.)

Hi - sorry -been traveling :)  The shot was handheld, so I suspect that the blur you see on the right is just a lens flaw at the edge.  As to the second question, that's just how the moon looks :)
Title: Re: Hilltop Silhouette
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 02, 2016, 06:12:08 am
This is great. I really like the way the scene "reads", almost like a cartoon strip.
Title: Re: Hilltop Silhouette
Post by: James Clark on November 02, 2016, 10:19:19 am
This is great. I really like the way the scene "reads", almost like a cartoon strip.

Thanks Paulo!   Another friend thought it looked like a video game frame :)