Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Bob_B on October 20, 2016, 11:21:29 am

Title: Autumn evening by the lake
Post by: Bob_B on October 20, 2016, 11:21:29 am
We're experiencing summer-like weather on the east coast of the US, which has produced some glorious sunsets. When you combine this with our fall foliage, you get some wonderful results. Here is one example that I was fortunate enough to capture at a nearby lake last evening.

Thank you for viewing. Please feel free to leave comments.

Cheers,

     Bob
Title: Re: Autumn evening by the lake
Post by: thierrylegros396 on October 20, 2016, 11:22:55 am
So peaceful.

Thierry
Title: Re: Autumn evening by the lake
Post by: KMRennie on October 20, 2016, 11:44:24 am
Lovely, soft and gentle.
Ken
Title: Re: Autumn evening by the lake
Post by: sdwilsonsct on October 20, 2016, 12:03:32 pm
Lovely, soft and gentle.

Yes. I might brighten the tree just a little.
Title: Re: Autumn evening by the lake
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 20, 2016, 12:58:26 pm
Yes. I might brighten the tree just a little.

+1

Jeremy
Title: Re: Autumn evening by the lake
Post by: Bob_B on October 20, 2016, 04:32:04 pm
Thank you Thierry, Ken, Scott, and Jeremy. Scott: I appreciate your suggestion about lightening the tree. Thanks all.
Title: Re: Autumn evening by the lake
Post by: Sean H on October 23, 2016, 03:01:54 pm
+1
Lovely, soft and gentle.
Ken
Title: Re: Autumn evening by the lake
Post by: Bob_B on October 23, 2016, 06:30:54 pm
Thanks Sean.
Title: Re: Autumn evening by the lake
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on October 24, 2016, 05:05:02 am
Lovely scene.
Title: Re: Autumn evening by the lake
Post by: Chairman Bill on October 24, 2016, 07:09:07 am
Looks good to me
Title: Re: Autumn evening by the lake
Post by: Bob_B on October 24, 2016, 10:04:12 am
Thank you Paulo and Bill.
Title: Re: Autumn evening by the lake
Post by: stamper on October 24, 2016, 10:47:23 am
Fine as it is. Nice processing.
Title: Re: Autumn evening by the lake
Post by: Bob_B on October 24, 2016, 03:00:22 pm
Thanks stamper.
Title: Re: Autumn evening by the lake
Post by: luxborealis on October 24, 2016, 07:30:16 pm
Yes. I might brighten the tree just a little.

Beautifully captured at a wonderful time of "day". Lighten the tree, but also consider what you might do about that one or two bits of foreground grass that just break the horizon. I'd be inclined to clone them out. They somehow come across as something a photographer could easily miss when looking through a viewfinder, but stand out upon continuous looking at a finished print.
Title: Re: Autumn evening by the lake
Post by: Bob_B on October 25, 2016, 08:16:38 am
Thanks for your suggestions Terry. fwiw, I made initial attempts to remove those horizon-breaking branches in LR, but the results were ugly due in part to the complex sky behind the branches. I didn't move the photo into PS and use those tools for removal, but I plan to with a revised version of the photo.