Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Mirrorless Cameras => Topic started by: Rob C on October 20, 2016, 08:32:35 am

Title: Latest Toy Shop
Post by: Rob C on October 20, 2016, 08:32:35 am
That little Olympus Pen F (almost wrote Pan F!) is one of the few new machines that really does hit my visual likes button hard. I'm not in any market for new stuff, but it would tempt me if I were to be. It makes me think it's a far better take on retro than the Nikon Df turned out to be, despite not really trying to ape anything. I think it would look pretty good in black too.

Rob
Title: Re: Latest Toy Shop
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on October 20, 2016, 09:25:03 am
... I think it would look pretty good in black too.

Indeed.
Title: Re: Latest Toy Shop
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on October 20, 2016, 09:57:27 am
Looks good, doesn't it? Good job from Oly, but for that price, one can get a larger and better sensor.

During my trials transitioning from DSLR to MILC, I tried the EM-1 (or whatever the long name is:); pretty good too, good lenses, but the noise during long exposures was terrible.
Title: Re: Latest Toy Shop
Post by: Rob C on October 20, 2016, 02:37:12 pm
Indeed.


And there's still rooom for the strip of narrow, black, electrician's tape to cover the logo!

But as I mentioned, I'm happy enough with my two digi relics; I think they outperform my requirements! So pleased my final few film experiences cured me of GASyndrome once and for all. But they were an aberration, a glitch in mindset.

Rob
Title: Re: Latest Toy Shop
Post by: rdonson on October 21, 2016, 12:24:04 pm

And there's still rooom for the strip of narrow, black, electrician's tape to cover the logo!

Rob

I prefer black gaffer's tape - no gooey mess and it's not shiney  ;D
Title: Re: Latest Toy Shop
Post by: Rob C on October 21, 2016, 03:25:06 pm
I prefer black gaffer's tape - no gooey mess and it's not shiney  ;D


Purist!

;-)

Rob