Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: petermfiore on October 20, 2016, 07:42:50 am
-
Last Light...
Peter
-
Yes I like this. The balance between light and dark is appropriate. The only slight nitpick is the vehicle on the right. Depicts a habituated property,perhaps?
-
Gorgeous. What a wonderful palette of complementary colors. (I want to live there.)
-
I have always loved that sort of concept, but I think it works far better in paint.
I only say this because I know perfectly well that's no difficulty for you. It's great as photo but, for me, paint would trump it, if that's still a word not hijacked by the PC brigade.
Rob
-
I have always loved that sort of concept, but I think it works far better in paint.
I only say this because I know perfectly well that's no difficulty for you. It's great as photo but, for me, paint would trump it, if that's still a word not hijacked by the PC brigade.
Rob
You are correct Rob, it's for a painting...it will be cropped and reorchestrated. Almost everything I shoot that's landscaped based is with painting in mind.
Peter
The paint will be luscious
-
You are correct Rob, it's for a painting...it will be cropped and reorchestrated. Almost everything I shoot that's landscaped based is with painting in mind.
Peter
The paint will be luscious
If I had that sort of money I'd buy it, sight unseen! My cousin, who is also a professional artist, tells me that he sometimes has great difficulty letting go of his 'children' when somebody waves the chequebook. I can empathise with that sentiment; it must be heart-wrenching sometimes, even though it pays the bills. So much time and nervous energy, intimacy, and then it's flown the coop...
No wonder reproducible photography can't be held in quite the same degree of love by its maker.
Rob
-
If I had that sort of money I'd buy it, sight unseen! My cousin, who is also a professional artist, tells me that he sometimes has great difficulty letting go of his 'children' when somebody waves the chequebook. I can empathise with that sentiment; it must be heart-wrenching sometimes, even though it pays the bills. So much time and nervous energy, intimacy, and then it's flown the coop...
No wonder reproducible photography can't hold quite the same degree of love for its maker.
Rob
Very true...but the zeros to the left of the decimal
Peter
-
Very true...but the zeros to the left of the decimal
Peter
Very good point!
;-)
Rob
-
Lovely, Peter. How about a picture of the final painting on LuLa? Love the waterfowl on the lake.
-
Lovely, Peter. How about a picture of the final painting on LuLa? Love the waterfowl on the lake.
You got it. It will be awhile before I get to it.
Peter