Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Capture One Q&A => Topic started by: Mike Dale on October 19, 2016, 07:36:12 pm
-
I have a pretty convoluted editing method which I think is pretty weird. I'll explain. I have Photoshop CS6 with no intention of going to CC. I purchased LR6 and used to use that until I came to try Capture One 9 which I now use in between LR6 and CS6. I save my files into a RAID NAS box and a copy onto an external USB drive in my Mac. Lightroom seems to do a reasonable job of importing to both devices. I then view them in Lightroom and any that I want to edit are exported as a NEF or an ARW to Capture One. Once I have the file looking how I want it in Capture One I export it as a TIF to CS6. I don't save any of my processing, ever. As my post processing skills develop I would rather start from the RAW file so I don't see the point in saving an edited version.
I want to ditch Lightroom altogether but do like it's importing method, probably because I understand it. I know Capture One has a similar import but I don't understand it. Can you import to two devices at the same time? Is there an Idiots Guide to Importing?
Thanks for any advice.
-
Can you import to two devices at the same time?
You can Import To one destination and Backup To another. Will that do what you need?
-
You can Import To one destination and Backup To another. Will that do what you need?
Thanks Bob, I finally got around to try it and it does pretty much what I want. I can save the fikes to my bulk drive and to a backup with the catalog held locally.
Thanks again.